We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Which hotel would be a better choice in Nairobi?

midwest
Level Contributor
1,146 posts
67 reviews
Save Topic
Which hotel would be a better choice in Nairobi?

We are going on a safari in February and possibly arriving at NBO in the evening sometime and leaving the next morning around 8:30 AM on a flight to Mwanza.

If budget is a concern, which of these hotels would work best as far as location to the airports, niceness of hotel, best bang for our buck---

-Country Lodge

-Fairview Horel

-Silver Springs Hotel

-Panafric Hotel

Or, are there any other suggestions?

Washington DC...
Level Contributor
3,904 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Which hotel would be a better choice in Nairobi?

I'm familiar only with the Fairview and Country Lodge. These sister hotels are right next to each other. The Fairview will be a tad more expensive and a bit more atmospheric. The Country Lodge is a clean business hotel and, in my mind, an excellent value. . Because you'll be coming in late and leaving early, you wouldn't go wrong with the CL. A taxi, which can be arranged to pick you up at NBO by either of the two hotels, would be about $20-25.

Nanoose Bay, Canada
Level Contributor
292 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Which hotel would be a better choice in Nairobi?

I second the Country Lodge as a good no frills place to stay. Excellent buffet breakfast, clean and well managed. Helpful staff, good pick up/drop off service to and from the airport. I think it was $145.00 double last Sept.

midwest
Level Contributor
1,146 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Which hotel would be a better choice in Nairobi?

Thanks for the replies, steve and rick. It's always nice to get opinions from those who've actually stayed at a hotel and not have to go by ratings only.

kenya
Level Contributor
1 post
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Which hotel would be a better choice in Nairobi?

Hello fellow traveler...i would suggest you check out the Margarita House,it affordable and a great serene place for a stay away from the hustle and bustle of the Nairobi city center.\

enjoy your safari

regards

vic-ismael

Bungoma, Kenya
Destination Expert
for Kenya
Level Contributor
2,798 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Which hotel would be a better choice in Nairobi?

We use the ACK Guest House, which is just by the Fairview and much cheaper. No bar if that is a need - or smoking. They can arrange transport to JKIA.

(Anglican Church of Kenya Guest House).

midwest
Level Contributor
1,146 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Which hotel would be a better choice in Nairobi?

Thanks for the additional lodging info. I'll check them out.

London
Level Contributor
171 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Which hotel would be a better choice in Nairobi?

First choice wld be

Panafric

Fairview

Country Ldg

I read they have refurbished the place,but incase you are starting your safari to Amboseli then choose Red Court Hotel.

8. Re: Which hotel would be a better choice in Nairobi?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 20 October 2012, 01:16