We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Swiss air

nottinghamshire
Level Contributor
94 posts
24 reviews
Save Topic
Swiss air

Has anyone got any experience of flying London to Nairobi via Zurich with Swiss air. These are the cheapest flights I can find for end of July 2012. £498 return which seems good value to me. Hope someone can help. There are 4 of us 2 adults + 16yr +13yr old so all have to pay adult prices. I am hoping to book a safari before we go so what I can save on flights will go on our safari. Any suggestions regarding flights please.

Nairobi, Kenya
Level Contributor
3,755 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Swiss air

Swiss are (in my experience) a superb airline. That fare seems particularly good for peak season - in your shoes, I'd go ahead and book!

London, United...
Level Contributor
990 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Swiss air

I have used Swiss, and as FL says, they are good. However, be aware that since the inception of Terminal E at Zurich, it is far more a panto than it used to be, I very much doubt that it would stop me using them again; particularly at that price!

new york city
Level Contributor
94 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Swiss air

Just got back from flying from the US via Zurich to Nairobi on Swiss. I thought they were very good. Terminal E wasn't too bad switching flights and it was pretty orderly. They did tag carry on bags in NY to limit how much was carried on board, but luckily didn't weigh them.

nyc
Level Contributor
14,653 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Swiss air

Swiss is fine. The plane takes off and lands.

It was on time, ZRH airport is fine.

Price is good... go for it.

orlando
Level Contributor
22 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Swiss air

Just got back to US after flying SWISS to Nairobi and back. Excellent airline, excellent service. Would fly them again in a second. Beware tight connections in Zurich, however. Passport control between terminals, and even within the same terminal (E) can slow things down.

Zurich, Switzerland
Level Contributor
262 posts
336 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Swiss air

Superb is not an adjective I would use for Swiss. They are ok, don't expect too much from them.

Service is average, the attitude of the air crew is arrogant and the food is plain. At least they are pretty much on time.

Nairobi, Kenya
Level Contributor
3,755 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Swiss air

As I said - "in my experience" :-)

Was a while ago, and things change. But if an airline gets you from a to b in safety, cleanliness and relative comfort, especially at that price, it's a good deal.

Zurich, Switzerland
Level Contributor
262 posts
336 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Swiss air

I do use them quite often as they do have some pretty good deals. To be honest, they have improved since Lufthansa took them over.

Nairobi, Kenya
Level Contributor
3,755 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Swiss air

Good to hear. The only problem I ever had with them (and this was about three or four years ago) was losing bags. Annoying, but not the end of the world. When did Lufthansa take them over?

Mtwapa, Kenya
Destination Expert
for Barcelona, Newcastle upon Tyne, Bamburi, Mtwapa
Level Contributor
15,537 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Swiss air

Didn't it go bankrupt about 10 years ago, causing the Swiss government to rescue it, then sell it to Lufthansa 3 or 4 years later?