We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Any experience with 'Kenya Adventure', please?

U.K.
Destination Expert
for Belgrade
Level Contributor
14,123 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Any experience with 'Kenya Adventure', please?

My teenage daughter has been offered a trip with other students organised through this company. It's a volunteer type situation where they help in schools, teaching, etc. A week of volunteer work and a couple of day tours after, Rift Valley and a few towns. A small day safari too I think.

I'm all for her getting the experience and helping but not only do I know little about the company or Kenya but I'm concerned about all the safety reports Kenya wide, not just due to Somali pirates.

I do know not top trust the media or State Dept warnings but even spo there seems to be a regular theme.

It's a bit different to me thinking of myself, I've got to decide is it safe and a good call to send my young inexperienced child to Kenya, I have to say I really want to say no.

It probably doesn't help that my wife and I had to cancel a safari trip many years ago due to unrest and withdrawal of insurance cover, forget why now, I think the Somali War spilling over borders, I know that's long gone.

Also some friends that used to go too Mombassa said it's changed for the worse, they stopped visiting....all I'm getting is negative vibes

Any feedback appreciated, thanks

Stoofer

11. Re: Any experience with 'Kenya Adventure', please?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 25 October 2012, 06:16