We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Thanks to doffcocker and other regulars

Level Contributor
2 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Thanks to doffcocker and other regulars

Have just returned from Kenya ( Samburu, Mara, Galu Beach) with wife and kids.

I was very close to cancelling after the well documented security issues culminating in the Somalia action and the arrest of presumed jihadis from my home city in the days before I travelled.

It was good to be able to receive objective , informed opinion that is difficult to find in the reporting of our press (and impossible to get from our booking agent who informed me that archers post was 1050 km from the site of the abduction of the spanish doctors in Dadaab!)

Without a doubt one of the greatest holidays we have had and an experience that will live with the kids forever.

I have read the

Kenyan press at length over recent weeks and hope (rather than expect) for all involved that with increased international involvement the current situation with al shabaab can be addressed to the benefit of all Somalis and kenyans

Great country and great people.

Leeds
Level Contributor
1,205 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Thanks to doffcocker and other regulars

Doff is great :-)

Mtwapa, Kenya
Destination Expert
for Barcelona, Newcastle upon Tyne, Bamburi, Mtwapa
Level Contributor
15,325 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Thanks to doffcocker and other regulars

Hi Splc,

So glad you came and had such a good holiday, and I'm very happy if I contributed to it in any small way, sounds like another potential case of Kenyaitis ヅ

You are not alone there are hundreds of holidaymakers here at the moment having a great time

Leeds,

thanks (blush)

◕‿◕

Ontario Canada
Level Contributor
220 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Thanks to doffcocker and other regulars

In the two years that I have been following this forum, I have found posts by Yankari to be professional and to the point. Many thanks, Yankari.

Leeds
Level Contributor
1,205 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Thanks to doffcocker and other regulars

Doff..... stop showing off with all your fancy characters!

London, United...
Level Contributor
990 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Thanks to doffcocker and other regulars

Leeds,

I think his keyboard needs a dose of penicillin!!

GJ

kenya
Level Contributor
82 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Thanks to doffcocker and other regulars

its great post and I like it you are positively minded adventurer,highly recommended.welcome again and again and am proud to be a Kenyan,Kenya still remains safe destination despite what has been happening for the last two weeks or so.

Mtwapa, Kenya
Destination Expert
for Barcelona, Newcastle upon Tyne, Bamburi, Mtwapa
Level Contributor
15,325 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Thanks to doffcocker and other regulars

Paula,

It would be a bit disappointing if he wasn't professional that's his job, have a look at his profile, Richard (Yankari) is the Author of the Rough Guide to Kenya amongst many other things

Ü

(for you Leeds)

UK
Destination Expert
for Malindi, Ukunda, Kenya
Level Contributor
4,719 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Thanks to doffcocker and other regulars

Thanks Paula, that's very kind!

If anyone can tell me how long it's going to take me to get from the corner of Uhuru/Kenyatta to Rhapta Road Westlands, with a dodgy gearbox, typing this at 17.58 (in the passenger seat I hasten to add), I'd be interested to know. . .

Sweepstakes anyone?

Richard

Telford, Shropshire
Level Contributor
2,431 posts
100 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Thanks to doffcocker and other regulars

Blimey - steady on there'll be no room in here soon..... swollen heads and all that!!

Tee hee

UK
Destination Expert
for Malindi, Ukunda, Kenya
Level Contributor
4,719 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Thanks to doffcocker and other regulars

You're right Min, muchos apologos!

If anyone's interested (hmm, possibly not. . .) 17 minutes. I was here by 6.15. Bit of a record I think. Someone else arrived from Wilson about half an hour later having taken an hour and a quarter. Again, super fast for Nairobi. Perhaps the huge road schemes are finally making a difference.

Richard