We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Perfect eperience with MICS Safari Company

Louisville, Kentucky
Level Contributor
19 posts
Save Topic
Perfect eperience with MICS Safari Company

Hi all,

We are just back from our two-week stay/safari from the very beautiful East Africa.

The safari was very well planned and executed courtesy of MICS Safari Company.

We’ll be posting some reviews of our travel experiences, the places we visited and the safari Company in a few days once we get settled.

We have been to many places and seen a lot but this is a trip that will remain in etched our memories forever.

Thanks for each and every one of you who contributed towards our very successful trip to Africa and more so to MICS Safari Company and its staff.

Joel C.

1. Re: Perfect eperience with MICS Safari Company

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 02 November 2011, 07:05
5 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Perfect eperience with MICS Safari Company

Hi Joel,

Its good to here that you had a great time during your 14 days with MICS much as we did. Atleast a change of mood as the other post has been negative and folks seem very keen to keep it at tops!

Level Contributor
152 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Perfect eperience with MICS Safari Company

Glad to hear good new on MICS. Using them in dec and so far Peter as been great but the does seem to be someone who has had a bad experience(which they have the right to vent there anger) but they seem to want to damage MICs reputation and ruin there business. Thus is my point if view, and I feel that TA forums should be for asking advice only and reviews should be for letting members know your experiences.

Phil

Level Contributor
152 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Perfect eperience with MICS Safari Company

Joel,

Can you pm me where you stayed etc and all your thoughts about your safari?

Ta

Phil

nyc
Level Contributor
14,855 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Perfect eperience with MICS Safari Company

From various threads where MICS is involved, it appears 'hit-n-miss' those who have a successful safari and those who don't - like pick/choose whom to do good and those not... shameful.

Unfortunately, for those who don't have good experiences, the issues do not appear to be minor (as the most recent negative thread).

- not advising those visiting both Kenya & Tanzania they'd be dealing with different outfitters, guide/drivers each country

- not knowing the cost of Visa fees for US passport holders, which have been effect now about 3/yrs (they didn't just change it last month)

- providing transfer times that were hours off - overall poor scheduling

- - - taking time from game drives

- guide/driver asking for monies from clients when not necessary

Safari outfitters, MICS and others should have this information right from the get-go; don't promise something that can't be done or they know isn't correct. Admittedly, some of the above might not be important to all visitors, but for those to whom they are and it's been discussed during the booking process... it's no way to run a business. Besides, if many of us outside these countries know these answers, you'd think those right there should.

Then, to promise a refund for services not provided and declining to do so... not very honest/reputable. I'd sure be looking elsewhere.

Believe me, there are many reputable outfitters out there who don't do this to their clients.

Maybe with the negatives so blattant and again brought to the fore, MICS will be on their toes and not blindside future clients.

Level Contributor
152 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Perfect eperience with MICS Safari Company

Sandi,

Have you used MICS? If so what is your experience? If you haven't then I personally think clients or past clients should comment only!!!

Phil

Isle of Man, United...
Level Contributor
37,823 posts
376 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Perfect eperience with MICS Safari Company

Using your logic Phil then only those who have been robbed should comment on robbers?

I have not used MICS and indeed had never even heard of them until this batch of posts. I have never seen the far side of the Moon either but I know it exists and can comment on it.

The very fact that MICS/Peter promised refunds for services paid for but not provided and then did not follow through and honour them should make ANYONE wary of using them.

When you add to that mix the simple fact that the itinerary called for drives that were simply impossible to achieve in the time allocated and you will understand the need to question the ability of the operator to run a Safari.

The only person ruining MICS reputation is Peter with his broken promises to remedy wrongs. Perhaps you could tell him that?

Level Contributor
152 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Perfect eperience with MICS Safari Company

I understand this and trust me I am wary as I have paid MICS my deposit already. I am speaking to MICS everyday and it was another your operator that suggested my itinerary and Peter just helped me do what I wanted within my budget. I don't want to make enemies on here but do feel that things should be done in a certain way!!!

Level Contributor
152 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Perfect eperience with MICS Safari Company

Oops duplicate post

Edited: 06 November 2011, 17:29
Level Contributor
152 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Perfect eperience with MICS Safari Company

Ok yes, and I am wary and Peter knows this has I have emailed him everyday since I paid him my deposit 3weeks ago. Lucky we are only doing a short 3night 4 day safari. Another firm did the itinerary and MICS improved the price so we had enough in our budget. I font want to make enemies with people on here as you are all so helpful but I do feel that things should be done in the correct manner and not produce a witch hunt!!!

Edited: 06 November 2011, 17:30