We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

WiFi Kilifi

Hythe, United...
Destination Expert
for Kenya
Level Contributor
2,345 posts
106 reviews
Save Topic
WiFi Kilifi

I am returning to Kilifi visiting the Mnarani Club and know the hotel does not have WiFI. Does anyone know the nearest location to the hotel where I can get wifi.

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
3 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: WiFi Kilifi

on arrival at mombasa airport there is safricom shop outside the exit door, and just before the taxi stand

or you can visit any safaricom shop such as nakumat nyali

option 1:

buy safari simm card and some top up credit, may be kes 250, it lasted me the whole week, use your phone to browse the net, you may need to ask the safaricom shop to test if its configured for browsing, i think browsing is like kes8 per day whether u use it or not,

option 2:

you will also be able to buy safaricom usb dongle and some top up, maybe about kes2000 for usb dongle and some top up maybe 1mb or 5mb, its compatible with windows laptop,

option 3:

i noticed sometimes there are wifi providers (i noticed this in Diani), wifi services can be scanned using your laptop and follow up to find their shop where you can buy the wifi time or maybe you can buy wifi time online using debit/credit card,

option4:

there must be one, i havent spent much time in kilifi, its v nice, but i just cant find a good bed and breakfast accomodation.

Hythe, United...
Destination Expert
for Kenya
Level Contributor
2,345 posts
106 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: WiFi Kilifi

Bob,

Many thanks for your reply, but I need a location which has wifi as its for my Ipad. which isnt 3g

Mtwapa, Kenya
Destination Expert
for Barcelona, Newcastle upon Tyne, Bamburi, Mtwapa
Level Contributor
15,218 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: WiFi Kilifi

Bruce,

if Marym062 doesn't see this and reply, maybe worth dropping her a PM, she's a regular at Kilifi, and I believe they have an Ipad.

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
989 posts
86 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: WiFi Kilifi

Hi Bruce

If you get a Tuk Tuk or walk across the bridge head into the town you will find the orange shop, Gift works in there and he will sort you out, we bought a sim card & cut it down, the coverage in Kilifi is very good.

If you just want to connect go to Makuti Villas about 5mins in Tuk Tuk from hotel and they have wi-fi there, you can have a coffee & pizza whilst on the internet.

Hope this helps !!

Bob for your B&B Makuti Villas is cheap & clean and does a great Pizza & coffee.

Edited: 28 January 2012, 20:21
Hythe, United...
Destination Expert
for Kenya
Level Contributor
2,345 posts
106 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: WiFi Kilifi

Many thanks

thats just what i am after so I can back up my photos using Icloud.

Dartmouth, United...
Level Contributor
18 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: WiFi Kilifi

Kilifi Beach Resort Hotel has wifi (Baobab Hotel also belongs to the same group so probably also has wifi) - but you'll need to pay at reception

Hythe, United...
Destination Expert
for Kenya
Level Contributor
2,345 posts
106 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: WiFi Kilifi

Thanks,

Does anyone know if the boatyard has wifi?

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
989 posts
86 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: WiFi Kilifi

Hi Bruce

I will find our for you today

Take Care

Mary

Dartmouth, United...
Level Contributor
18 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: WiFi Kilifi

I was at the boatyard last wk but I didn't notice any

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
989 posts
86 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: WiFi Kilifi

Hi Bruce

Apologies for the delay in getting your answer but whilst I am freezing here in UK my husband is enjoying a little break at Galdessa Camp he is due back in Kilifi on Wednesday so will get him to check with Peter then !

Edited: 31 January 2012, 19:49