We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Safari Lodges

Hertfordshire
Level Contributor
52 posts
13 reviews
Save Topic
Safari Lodges

Hi we are travelling in September 2012 and are having 4day safari staying at the following lodges, love to hear from anyone who has stayed at any of these..... also what have other people paid for the 3 night 4 day safari for 2 people.....

Saltlick, serena and is it ashnil aruba.

Looking forward to hearing from you.

bedlington...
Level Contributor
10 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Safari Lodges

Hi

I have stayed at both salt lick which is very quaint sitting on stilts and also ashnil Aruba lodge quite a new lodge situated beside the Aruba dam. Hope you have a super holiday

Rome, Italy
Destination Expert
for Sri Lanka, Maldives
Level Contributor
11,658 posts
81 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Safari Lodges

We stayed at Serena for two nights. Great staff, food was not bad, its on a hill so you have amazing views of the Mara. we stayed in the honeymoon suite which was gorgeous, from your balcony you can also see some amazing views of the Mara, but every room has that view. The suite was quite big so we didn't hear any neighbors, but it was quite annoying that we could hear people passing by right outside your bedroom window. i think that's the only negative thing about Mara Serena, because even our friend who stayed in a standard room was complaining about rooms being too close to each other and he could hear his neighbors a bit too clearly. and in the mornings when going to dinner we could hear people in their bathrooms.

milton keynes
Level Contributor
807 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Safari Lodges

As you are staying at Ashnil Aruba and Salt Lick the Serena would be Kiiguni lodge in Tsavo West. No time to go to the Mara. All 3 lodges are good choices, all different, good food, nice locations and the chance to see different wild life. You will enjoy the trip I am sure.

Hythe, United...
Destination Expert
for Kenya
Level Contributor
2,396 posts
123 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Safari Lodges

We returned back home last night from Kenya after a two week stay including a 5 day safari. We spent a night at salt lick last week and have nothing but praise for Sarova who have made a lot of improvements to the lodge with a lot of the rooms having undergone a refurbishment programme. The food was very good indeed and the staff friendly and helpful. Game drives were very good with the highlight being a family of 4 serval cats which we watched at the side of the road as we were leaving the sanctuary.

We stayed in Aruba in 2009 and found it to be fine good food and friendly staff. the only problem we had were the rooms were like sleeping in an oven very hot and uncomfortable. I passed the lodge last week and the dam was very dry with only a small section containing any water.

Last September we stayed in Serena Kilaguni the food was excellent the views from the rooms overlooking the waterhole and Tsavo are fantastic. but I found the security within the lodge to be very poor and would not return due to that.

last week we also stayed at Ngutuni (2 nights) and Voi Manyatta ( 1 night) which i will review soon. We found Manyatta to be ok not the best tented camp we have ever stayed in but the plunge pools that each tent has is a nice touch. Ngutuni sanctuary was excellent for game and far better than Tsavo East which it borders. There were only us and 8 others staying at the lodge and so only 3 vehicles out on game drives. Lions with buffalo kill, cheetah and leopard all spotted during our stay.

Rome, Italy
Destination Expert
for Sri Lanka, Maldives
Level Contributor
11,658 posts
81 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Safari Lodges

My bad, i thought you were referring to Mara Serena.

6. Re: Safari Lodges

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 March 2013, 09:27