We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

isiola and A2 to moyale

Australia
Level Contributor
374 posts
16 reviews
Save Topic
isiola and A2 to moyale

The Australian travel advisory for Kenya has a "do not travel" warning for isiola and the A2 highway to moyale and beyond. Any comments on travel in this area? We are due to go to Tassia in a few weeks, via Lewa Downs. Any hints on safety?

UK
Destination Expert
for Malindi, Ukunda, Kenya
Level Contributor
4,716 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: isiola and A2 to moyale

You shouldn't have any problems at all. In May I drove a big loop from Nairobi via central Laikipia, Maralal, Loiyangalani, North Horr, Marsabit and then south to Isiolo and then southeast via Meru and Mwingi to Garissa and Malindi. The roads were generally much better than I expected and there was no security issue of any kind.

Richard

Australia
Level Contributor
374 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: isiola and A2 to moyale

Thanks, Richard

I'd done a repost of the same question before I read your response to this earlier post. You have obviously travelled far more afield than we will be going, but then, you are much more familiar with Kenya than we are! I've never been there, and my husband was in Kenya briefly about a decade ago, in transit to Arusha and Mt Kilimanjaro. (that trip is just a bit out of my league!)

cheers

Sue

3. Re: isiola and A2 to moyale

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 26 June 2013, 05:46