We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Advice on Kenya's safety

Hong Kong
Level Contributor
151 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
Advice on Kenya's safety

I've planned a safari trip to Kenya in late Aug. Will be going to Amboseli, Mara and Nakuru. Is it dangerous to go now after recent terror incidents?

Nairobi, Kenya
Level Contributor
96 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Advice on Kenya's safety

With or without terror attacks,its never 100% Safe to travel to Kenya especially for foreigners who dont have the mantics to find their way around.Kenya is a "3rd" world country and surely its fraught with security and safety problems but still it receives an average of 1000000 foreign tourists a year with no major incidences.Dont be overly concerned about it but surely remain vigilant at all times because safety begins with you.

Alsace, France
Level Contributor
3,855 posts
119 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Advice on Kenya's safety

No matter where you travel, there are always risks.

To help put your mind at ease, make sure you take out appropriate travel insurance before leaving home to cover medical and cancellation situations.

Be prudent. Don't show lots of wealth ... jewellery, cameras, phones etc. Keep your valuables out of sight.

The greatest risk to you in Kenya probably comes from wildlife, including mosquitoes. Take your antimalarials as directed ... before, during and after your trip.

Enjoy your visit. Statistically your involvement in a terror incident is almost nil. And that probably applies in your home country too.

Nairobi, Kenya
Destination Expert
for Kenya
Level Contributor
3,106 posts
214 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Advice on Kenya's safety

Just like you were advised on your previous thread - it should not be a worry

tripadvisor.com/…41852190

Norfolk, England
Destination Expert
for Kikambala
Level Contributor
525 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Advice on Kenya's safety

There are threats all around the world at present.

Non of us can say nothing will happen but the liklihood of being targetted is very, very small.

I was in Kenya during the last elections, have been many times since. Was at coast in April, will be back in October and will also be there during elections next March. I am not afraid to go.

Although there have been a few grenade attacks, some reporting is not of the highest calibre and is causing great harm to Kenya and its wonderful people.

I am a married, white english lady in her 60's. I sometimes travel alone. I am not worried and nor is my husband.

5. Re: Advice on Kenya's safety

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 29 June 2013, 05:16