We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Dec Vacation

xxx
Level Contributor
96 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Dec Vacation

My family is planning a short (2 -4 days) family vacation from Mombasa in Dec this year (bef xmas). We're wondering what we can do? I'm thinking a beach resort? Any suggestions? We're going to be a group of ten and btwn the ages of 3 and 55. Any suggestions for a good familyfriendly vacation?

Nairobi, Kenya
Destination Expert
for Nairobi, Kenya
Level Contributor
4,795 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Dec Vacation

Pretty sure you don't like the idea of cooking your own meals, i was going to suggest Self Catering cottages. (due to size of grp)

Some cottages do come with cooks.

Lamu Island, Kenya
Level Contributor
467 posts
77 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Dec Vacation

I would suggest to visit Lamu Island. Lamu has great beaches. Usually I recommend to stay in Lamu Town (because of the unique culture) but as you are traveling with small kids it might be better for you to stay in Shela (close to a 13 Km long beach with sand dunes). There you could rent a whole private house (with cook). There are private house which have space for up to 10 people.

Edited: 30 July 2012, 05:55
3. Re: Dec Vacation

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guidelines with regards to the participation of business representatives.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 01 August 2012, 15:23
xxx
Level Contributor
96 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Dec Vacation

Good ideas. I don't want to rule out self-catering right away although I'm not definite about it. A cottage with a cook sounds good. I actually thought about Lamu but it would be a bit of a long drive and don't want to go anywhere too far. But will continue to research lamu as def want to make a visit there soon! Will also look at Blue Bay in Watamu. Any other suggestions??? How about Southern Palm, Baobab, Diani reef or Turtle Bay Beach Club?

Lamu Island, Kenya
Level Contributor
467 posts
77 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Dec Vacation

I was staying at Southern Palms Hotel, Diani Beach, three months ago and I enjoyed it. Great food, big swimming pools

Nairobi, Kenya
Destination Expert
for Kenya
Level Contributor
3,115 posts
214 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Dec Vacation

Where will you be traveling from?

xxx
Level Contributor
96 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Dec Vacation

We'll be travelling from Mombasa.

UK
Destination Expert
for Malindi, Ukunda, Kenya
Level Contributor
4,769 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Dec Vacation

Have a look at Olerai Beach House, Tiwi Beach (Offbeat Safaris). It's a beautiful beach house, with a big cave, amazing swimming pool, great staff. You can take it on a full board basis, or self catering. Either way the staff are there.

Richard

9. Re: Dec Vacation

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 05 August 2013, 10:15