We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Is lions bluff safari worth the money?

Manchester, United...
10 posts
Save Topic
Is lions bluff safari worth the money?

Hi all

Me and my bf Are in the process of booking our first safari holiday in Kenya for next sep, but before we do we just want some advice on the lions bluff safari. We are slight concerned as In the brochure it mentions ngutuni game sanctuary, ziwani game sanctuary, ziwani limo community wildlife sanctuary and we want to know whether these sanctuarys are enclosed or animals are free to roam in the wild. I maybe wrong but we are under the impression with them Been Animal Sanctuarys that we feel we won't experience a proper full on safari.

I would Appreciate any comments as we are looking at booking one this week and just feel I need piece of mind etc

Look forward to hearing your thoughts

Thanks nichola

South West England...
Destination Expert
for Mombasa, Diani Beach, Kenya
Level Contributor
7,130 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Is lions bluff safari worth the money?

Is this a tour operator name for a certain safari? All I can say is these places are outside the parks. Having said that the animals come and go at will knowing no boundaries. Will game drives be inside the reserve?

Voyager Ziwani I can recommend. Very good standard along with a night game drive and bush walk - fantastic.

Sanctuaries usually have an open side so that the animals roam around as they want. Salt Lick/Taita Hills is one example,.

You may get more choice if you book locally. Email a few companies recommended on TA to compare.

Manchester, United...
10 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Is lions bluff safari worth the money?

Thanks for your reply yes I think so it's in the brochure As lions bluff ziwani safari, and yes this includes game drives within these sanctuarys, so u think they are free to roam where they want?

Durham
Level Contributor
731 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Is lions bluff safari worth the money?

I would book independently with a kenyan company you will get a private safari and better quality

Norwich, United...
Level Contributor
31 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Is lions bluff safari worth the money?

Hi Nichola

We are booked on the Lions Bluff package for next month. The three overnight stays are at the following:-

tripadvisor.co.uk/Hotel_Review-g303978-d5019…

tripadvisor.co.uk/Hotel_Review-g303977-d6001…

tripadvisor.co.uk/Hotel_Review-g303978-d1532…

I can't comment on them, but I think by reading the reviews you will get a feel for what to expect!

5. Re: Is lions bluff safari worth the money?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 25 August 2013, 05:17