We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

2-3 hours in Nairobi?

Boston...
Level Contributor
26 posts
1 review
Save Topic
2-3 hours in Nairobi?

Lots of thanks to the forum members for the answers to my previous questions! Here is one more -- on the last day in Kenya I'm arriving to Wilson from Lamu at 6 pm, and my international flight leaves at 11.15 pm. It'll be on Sunday, so i guess traffic shouldn't be too bad? Do I have time to do anything in the city (dinner? last minute souvenirs shopping? sights?), or is it more prudent to head directly to the international airport? Thanks again!

Mentioned in this post
Kenya
Kenya
Africa
Lamu Island
Lamu Island
Coast Province, Kenya
nyc
Level Contributor
15,087 posts
Save Reply
11. Re: 2-3 hours in Nairobi?

Asante Richard. Good to know the options at Ole Sereni. From a New Yorker, that price is more than reasonable for a main.

UK
Destination Expert
for Malindi, Ukunda, Kenya
Level Contributor
4,790 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: 2-3 hours in Nairobi?

Dina: Wilson to Ole Sereni should be under Ksh1000. It's only 6km, so really ought to be around Ksh800. Ole Sereni to JKIA should be Ksh1500 or less. It's 12km.

Thanks for the link Stef – that's not Fogo Gaucho, but another churrascaria, but the same idea. But I found the whole Panari complex so offputting - gloomy, overpriced, tired and unwelcoming – that I wouldn't want to go anyway.

Somebody put me right?…

Was I there on a bad day, or was it just me who was off-colour?

Richard

Edited: 20 September 2012, 19:36
Mentioned in this post
Fogo Gaucho
Fogo Gaucho
927 Reviews
Nairobi, Kenya
The Panari Hotel
The Panari Hotel
362 Reviews
Nairobi, Kenya
Nairobi, Kenya
Destination Expert
for Nairobi, Kenya
Level Contributor
5,407 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: 2-3 hours in Nairobi?

Richard - all this time i thought it was another Fogo Gaucho outlet. Thanks for clarifying.

There's no end to the learning process ...

Mentioned in this post
Fogo Gaucho
Fogo Gaucho
927 Reviews
Nairobi, Kenya
14. Re: 2-3 hours in Nairobi?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12 December 2013, 10:17