We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Drink costs on safari

colchester
Level Contributor
1,465 posts
36 reviews
Save Topic
Drink costs on safari

Hiya,

I've done a forum search but the most recent reply I found is over a year old, so I'm asking afresh.

Does anyone know the cost of drinks (soft/juice/beers/hot beverages) at Voi and Ngulia Safari Lodges and Saltlick.

I have taken the previously posted advice to email them for a pricelist, but have yet to receive a reply.

I ask, as we are full board, and I'm trying to work out our budget for cash to carry.

I know the lodges take card, but would prefer to pay in shillings where possible.

Grateful for any info offered,

Regards,

Jaycine

Nairobi
Level Contributor
44 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Drink costs on safari

A drink in our safari lodges will range from Kshs 150 to kshs 300 for beer. Wine and hard spirits might be much higher. also some camps might be from Kshs 300. its all depend on the level of luxury your camp is on. Yes paying by Kenya shilling is much cheaper and convinient compared to a card

Washington DC...
Level Contributor
3,909 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Drink costs on safari

Here are some prices I paid last year at a safari camp in Tanzania. The beer price is similar to what is noted above.

large water, $2; beer, $3.50, glass wine, $4; soda, $2.50.

3. Re: Drink costs on safari

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10 December 2013, 10:16