We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Full day in Nairobi, Wha can i do??

Kampala, Uganda
Level Contributor
555 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Full day in Nairobi, Wha can i do??

I have a morning flight from Entebbe to Nairobi and my connecting flight to London will be late in the night. What can i do for one day and how far is Nairobi national park??

Thanks

Nairobi, Kenya
Destination Expert
for Nairobi, Kenya
Level Contributor
3,947 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Full day in Nairobi, Wha can i do??

Head out to Langata/Karen area where there are restaurants, shopping malls, sight seeing like Animal Orphanage, Giraffe Centre.

Or spend the day @ Emakoko in the NBI NP

http://www.emakoko.com/

Far too much traffic everywhere to go anywhere far from JKIA.

FYI - Uni students rioted on the highway 2'day pelting stones & smashing cars...

Berlin, Germany
Level Contributor
115 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Full day in Nairobi, Wha can i do??

I don't thing you can do anything may be a city tour!

Edited: 20 September 2012, 20:51
Kampala, Uganda
Level Contributor
555 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Full day in Nairobi, Wha can i do??

That mean i cant visit the Nairobi national park. i wanted to do some with wildlife. anyway i will a city tour and visiting malls.

Boston...
Level Contributor
203 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Full day in Nairobi, Wha can i do??

You could do a visit to the Giraffe center in Karen followed by a few hours in Narobi National park, dinner at one of the hotels near JKIA (Panari).

Bungoma, Kenya
Destination Expert
for Kenya
Level Contributor
2,798 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Full day in Nairobi, Wha can i do??

You can certainly do the Nairobi National Park - it is very close to JKIA.

Nairobi, Kenya
Level Contributor
30 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Full day in Nairobi, Wha can i do??

Don't get mixed up! as per your quote "i wanted to do something with wildlife" collect! Nairobi National park is the right place and only few minutes from the city. Just go on and book this safari.

UK
Destination Expert
for Malindi, Ukunda, Kenya
Level Contributor
4,718 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Full day in Nairobi, Wha can i do??

Several hours in Nairobi National Park, entering via East Gate, relatively close the airport. Depending on what time you get into the park, you could include the DSWT Elephant Orphanage at 11am, then lunch/shopping/giraffes/Oloolua Forest and Nature Trail at the southern end of Karen Rd. Then back through the park again and perhaps Carnivore or somewhere in town for dinner.

Alternatively if you get into the park later, go straight to the fantastic Emakoko, on the southern border of the park (superb new boutique hotel - but you must access it by the park only) for lunch and drive around the park in the afternoon.

Great way to spend a day. Contact Souther Cross for a quote to meet you and drop you back at the airport - they're a thoroughly reliable company.

Enjoy it, whatever you decide!

Richard

8. Re: Full day in Nairobi, Wha can i do??

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 09 December 2013, 10:16