We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Classic Escapes Kenyan Safari

chatham, nj
1 post
Save Topic
Classic Escapes Kenyan Safari

Traveling back from 10 day trip. All accommodations first class along with knowledgeable naturalist and driver! Animal sightings and hotels far exceeded our expectations. Pack your bags for this incredible Adventure.

San Diego, CA
Level Contributor
10 posts
1 review
Save Reply
21. Re: Classic Escapes Kenyan Safari

I am enjoying all this information. I have one other issue -- I have bilateral knee replacements and being cold at night causes pain that prevents sleep. A heating pad solves my problems, but some sites report that on safari the generators are turned off and there is no power in the tents/rooms after a certain time at night. My trip is through Classic Escapes out of NY and is basically Kenya. Also, what did you forget to pack for safari that you would recommend that everyone have? Thanks.

Level Contributor
12 posts
141 reviews
Save Reply
22. Re: Classic Escapes Kenyan Safari

Classic escapes tours at Serena hotels usually provides hot water bottles at the colder locations. They last all night long.

23. Re: Classic Escapes Kenyan Safari

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 14 March 2013, 07:35
Richmond, VA
1 post
1 review
Save Reply
24. Re: Classic Escapes Kenyan Safari

The Classic Escape tour to Kenya (offered by Groupon) was first rate. All the details have been worked out for you. The lodges were more than adequate and they never stopped feeding us. The animals of course were awesome but I was equally impressed with the skylines. Traveled beginning of May 2013 at the tale end of rainy season. The weather was fantastic-highs mid-seventies and always a slight breeze. It rained 3 times in 10 days and always at night. You do need to be a little adventurous for this trip when riding in the open air van on very bumpy roads. Also, be prepared to "do your business" standing up when traveling from one lodge to another. Most stops along the way only have a hole in the ground. Bring your own TP and antibacterial hand scrub. Otherwise just enjoy the experience!

San Diego, CA
Level Contributor
10 posts
1 review
Save Reply
25. Re: Classic Escapes Kenyan Safari

My 33-year-old son and myself took the Groupon Kenyan Safari in March 2013. The accomondations were outstanding, far more than I expected. Of course, the food never stopped and I enjoyed the fresh fruit juices and fruit always available for breakfast. The only disappointment was the horrible coffee. My son was so looking to the coffee and could not believe how bad it was. But, he did enjoy the beer! We did not find the daily rides to be that bumpy, we even took pillows as suggested, but didn't need them. I have traveled to China and a hole in the ground was the bathroom facility, so I was impressed with the standing urinals in Kenya. Plus, had to pay in China to use a dirt hole that smelled so badly. We happened to be in Kenya during the birthing time, so we saw so many baby animals which was just wonderful. The safari is a wonderful trip for anyone who has limited use of their legs. You just have to get onto the vehicle and very little walking is required. So, those of you with bad knees -- this is the trip for you! Our tour guide booked our room closest to the reception/restaurant area to limit my walking. An absolutely wonderful trip that I would recommend to anyone lucky enough to experience the safari experience.

Edited: 28 May 2013, 07:28
Rochester, New York
Level Contributor
9 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
26. Re: Classic Escapes Kenyan Safari

Yup-the March trip was fabulous! barely any bugs at all, very little rain, a great group of people, excellent guides, accommodations and food-what more could you ask for? And yes, they were very accommodating for those with physical limitations.

27. Re: Classic Escapes Kenyan Safari

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 30 May 2014, 07:18