We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Oh my a little concerned!!!

Dallas, Texas
Level Contributor
140 posts
24 reviews
Save Topic
Oh my a little concerned!!!

Oh no I leave for Kenya a week from Tuesday and while I am there I am doing a safari at the Royal Mara Lodge. I booked this safari through what I thought was Julius T Safari but I just found out it is actual Julius Thuvi Safaris!!! This is the guy who is trying to play off of all the great reviews of Julius T Safari's Day Trip. So he has my $300 deposit and says the Lodge is booked!! Do I trust him or what? Anyone have an experience with him?? So nervous now!!

Boston...
Level Contributor
203 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Oh my a little concerned!!!

You may want to try e-mailing the royal mara lodge directly to verify.

nyc
Level Contributor
14,536 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Oh my a little concerned!!!

If indeed Royal Mara is booked, is this so-called tour operator offering an alternative? If so, which/where? How does this affect costs.

Mtwapa, Kenya
Destination Expert
for Barcelona, Newcastle upon Tyne, Bamburi, Mtwapa
Level Contributor
15,328 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Oh my a little concerned!!!

sandi,

I read that as he has already booked the lodge, rather than the lodge is fully booked.

Trendzmom,

Over the last 3 or 4 years I've seen the many posts about the 'real' Julius T and the 'fake' one who trades on the other's good name (so they have both been around for some time) but I don't recall any posts apart from discussions about who the real one is and who is trading off the reputation of whom, I don't recall anyone actually grumbling about the service of either operator.

Julius Thuvi has 122 reviews on TA all overwhelmingly favourable

tripadvisor.co.uk/Attraction_Review-g294210-…

Mombasa, Kenya
Level Contributor
109 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Oh my a little concerned!!!

Why don't you try to contact the lodge to confirm if the booking was done and of course some deposit paid to reserve the booking.About the tour companies have you checked their websites in order to compare their numbers,may be it is the same person

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
42 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Oh my a little concerned!!!

Hi just to let you know that we have travelled with Julius Thuvi and were very pleased with the service he provided and had no problems whatsoever.

We realised we had booked with a different Julius than the one we had intended after paying the deposit, but it was all absolutely fine.

Dallas, Texas
Level Contributor
140 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Oh my a little concerned!!!

Thank you littlesomething for your response. This is very reassuring.

Mombasa, Kenya
1 post
Save Reply
7. Re: Oh my a little concerned!!!

Who said you must book only with Julius Nzumbi for your safari in Kenya alias Jt Safaris???? Julius Thuvi Safaris is an equally good company and you should rest assured that all is okay. There are plenty of tour companies offering safaris and people here should not idolize that single company.

Just the fact that they share a common name does not mean that one of them is copying the other. They are two different entities and none is aping the other.

Book with with whoever you feel has a good deal and has served you satisfactorily.

None of them is fake and each is doing genuine business. Stop the mentality that one of the JTs is stealing clients from the other. Each one has a right to business.

Concerned party.

Mombasa

8. Re: Oh my a little concerned!!!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 15 December 2013, 21:18