We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

kenya ferry services channel

Amsterdam, The...
Level Contributor
384 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
kenya ferry services channel

I has been confirmed that kenya ferry service have official gone on strike this morning demanding the MD to be fired and raise of pay too. Information taken from a one of the Kfs work member in kenia

South West England...
Destination Expert
for Mombasa, Diani Beach, Kenya
Level Contributor
7,179 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: kenya ferry services channel

Standard reporting it....

www.standardmedia.co.ke/…

London, United...
Level Contributor
1,453 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: kenya ferry services channel

Imagine being at one of the south coast hotels and needing to catch a flight to Europe from Nairobi via Mombasa, it would work out quite expensive having to buy another ticket :-(

Amsterdam, The...
Level Contributor
384 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: kenya ferry services channel

It realy sound very sad to miss a flght.

Mombasa
Level Contributor
23 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: kenya ferry services channel

See some of the photos taken at the scene on that fateful day that saw transport to and from Mombasa Island and South Coast paralyzed for the better part of the day here …blogspot.com/2012/11/full-fledged-strike-at…

Edited: 05 November 2012, 12:41
shamba25
Level Contributor
245 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: kenya ferry services channel

Hi - is everything back to normal now, as far as the ferry is concerned? Cant say Ive seen any mention about it in the Nation, but must admit dont get to read it everyday. - I arrive thursday night & was hoping to use.

Thanks for any current info

Mombasa
Level Contributor
23 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: kenya ferry services channel

@Shamba25 .Everything seems to be fine at the moment. The ferries are operating but talks are underway with the Ministry of Transport trying to iron out the issues that led to the full blown strike. We are hopeful that this time around the talks will not break down and that a working formula will be drawn up. We will keep you updated on this matter.

shamba25
Level Contributor
245 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: kenya ferry services channel

Thank you for taking the time to respond - that sounds like promising news.

colchester
Level Contributor
1,465 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: kenya ferry services channel

I arrived during the go slow, and the action ended while I was there last month.

I used the ferry 6 times during my stay, and was lucky enough to never have to wait for more than the third ferry.

My travel was morning, day and evening, and I have no idea why I was so lucky, unless people were avoiding the ferry because of the predicted delays - I know some people deliberately were returned from safari by the longer non-ferry route. Not that they got any say in it, or were happy about it.

shamba25
Level Contributor
245 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: kenya ferry services channel

Happy to say - arrived at the ferry with no problems at all - only waited 5 mins, total travel time from airport to Diani 1 hour 20.

Mombasa
Level Contributor
23 posts
1 review
Save Reply
10. Re: kenya ferry services channel

We promised to keep you updated on developing news on the Likoni Ferry Channel. It seems a strom is brewing and indications are that another strike could happen by the end of this week. Read our blog …blogspot.com/2012/11/signs-point-to-another…