We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Snakes in baobab

west yorkshire
Level Contributor
40 posts
166 reviews
Save Topic
Snakes in baobab

Hi all, you will think me bonkers!!! I am terrified of snakes but my hubby is desperate to go to Kenya, staying in baobab and a 2 day safari. What are the chances of me seeing one in the hotel area mainly??

Nairobi, Kenya
Destination Expert
for Kenya
Level Contributor
3,013 posts
201 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Snakes in baobab

Next to nil. Snakes hate noise and movement.

Hythe, United...
Destination Expert
for Kenya
Level Contributor
2,380 posts
118 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Snakes in baobab

I have been travelling to Kenya since 1995 some times twice a year and have only seen 4 snakes and these were all in the Mara.

Newcastle upon...
Level Contributor
1,434 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Snakes in baobab

I have been in hotels dozens of times in Kenya the last 10 years and only ever came across a snake once, i did not see it until a staff member pointed it out half way up a tree. I think the ones that are there are off before you clap eyes on them.

I'll quite happily take a £20 bet you won't see one, plenty of Lizards mind. They keep well out of your way as well.

Amsterdam, The...
Level Contributor
384 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Snakes in baobab

I have been in so many hotels but i have never come across any.

East Sussex
Level Contributor
1 post
13 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Snakes in baobab

Hi, I am also very terrified of snakes and have just booked Baobab hotel. I wondered if yor trip was s nake free? Thank you

Bucharest, Romania
Destination Expert
for Seychelles
Level Contributor
5,841 posts
221 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Snakes in baobab

I spent part of my December holiday at Baobab Beach Resort and I have not seen any snake. The only annoying animals are the sykes monkeys and the baboons which are stealing food and sometimes can become agressive. They are not afraid of tourists so security is patrolling around the restaurants to avoid unwelcomed guests.

Miki

7. Re: Snakes in baobab

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 05 January 2015, 06:18