We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Safari to Kenya/ Tanzania in late March ??

New Delhi, India
Level Contributor
3 posts
84 reviews
Save Topic
Safari to Kenya/ Tanzania in late March ??

Hi. My wife & I are planning a 10 days safari to Kenya/ Tanzania in late March as that's the only time we are free but came to know that it may have heavy rains with blocked roads/ closed tented camps/ less chances of seeing wildlife due to the heavy vegetation and widespread dispersion. We are genuinely keen on seeing the Big 5 especially the Lions at close quarters. Do we still go ahead with our plans or would it be a complete waste of money.

Kindly suggest.

Amsterdam, The...
Level Contributor
384 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Safari to Kenya/ Tanzania in late March ??

go ahead with your plan, nothing to worry since you will always see the animals and rain will not affect anything.

manchester, United...
Level Contributor
1,198 posts
93 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Safari to Kenya/ Tanzania in late March ??

I've visited the Mara, at this time, for the last 3 years. On each trip we have seen the big 5 plus lots more. In 2012 it was really quite cool and we saw more wildlife than on any other trip. It was cool, during the day, so the cats were active and hunting - and not just lions but leopards and cheetah. I actually prefer March/April - its cheaper and much less crowded.

Kigali, Rwanda
Level Contributor
7 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Safari to Kenya/ Tanzania in late March ??

I totally concur with Val H..in terms of cost-cutting,thats the perfect time to do a safari therefore with the help of your agent,they will advice you accodingly and the weather patterns too!I think with the rains on and off,you are more likely to see much game feeding...

New Delhi, India
Level Contributor
3 posts
84 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Safari to Kenya/ Tanzania in late March ??

Dear Friends ,

Thank you for the replies which have actually made us set aside our worries as regards the weather and if its a good time to go .

Could you please tell me the names of some good operators whom we can contact to arrange a safari for us.

Thanks.

New Delhi, India
Level Contributor
3 posts
84 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Safari to Kenya/ Tanzania in late March ??

Dear Val,

Thanks a lot. Its really great to hear that you have been to Masai Mara three times in the last three years !!! Could you please tell me the agency through which you booked your safari ?? What is the general budget we should keep ?? Thanx

Kigali, Rwanda
Level Contributor
7 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Safari to Kenya/ Tanzania in late March ??

Hi,it depends on the number of days you want to spend there and the type of safari you want to have.I suggest you send emails to various tour operators and you will be surprised at the costs you will get.Please to make it easier,make sure you specify whether you want group camping,private lodge safari or exclusive luxury safari.last year i used a small company and their service was top notch as they give all attention to detail to make sure we book with them again.maybe you can send them a request and find out by yourself..info@expressvacationtours.co.ke

Be careful as many companies are just after money and the services dont match that.I can give you their contact if you so wish to try.

All the best!

manchester, United...
Level Contributor
1,198 posts
93 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Safari to Kenya/ Tanzania in late March ??

Nirbhay - I'll send you a PM with details.

Nairobi, Kenya
Level Contributor
17 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Safari to Kenya/ Tanzania in late March ??

your fears are real but things are not that dire we have Masai Mara national park where there options of camping or lodge accommodation this a three day safari then proceed on safari to Ngorogoro national park in Tanzania where the park is well maintained

9. Re: Safari to Kenya/ Tanzania in late March ??

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 24 January 2015, 05:19