We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Big help for a newbie!!!

bridgend
Level Contributor
134 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Big help for a newbie!!!

Hi guys... Ok so I've just decided to book my next holiday to Kenya.. Why?? I have no idea. So... Can anyone give me as much info as poss... I.e best place to look to go?? Prices?? Things to do?? Things not to do?? Hotels?? Are you aloud out of the hotel?? Anything else you thinks should know...

Im 23 and I'm a person who loves traveling.... Seeing things.. Doing things and a good drink (like every one).

Thanks in advance... Sorry to ask so much : )

uk
Level Contributor
1,326 posts
1 review
Save Reply
11. Re: Big help for a newbie!!!

on the part side, pleant of local bars , night clubs in mombasa, floridas, casablanca but be careful in there suggest pop in 30 mins and then leg it, comming out towards banburi north coast, sheba on top of nakumat, yellow ribbon , il colvo, kahama, into mtwapa, casurinas , banhoff bar

where ever you go at night taxi only and door to door, keep you cash safe and never flash it

Mtwapa, Kenya
Destination Expert
for Barcelona, Newcastle upon Tyne, Bamburi, Mtwapa
Level Contributor
15,214 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: Big help for a newbie!!!

For more details on the bars pjduk mentioned and others, plus restaurants, things to do in Mombasa and the North Coast, and a map showing where everything is see the FAQs on the Mombasa Forum page

Nairobi, Kenya
Level Contributor
193 posts
1 review
Save Reply
13. Re: Big help for a newbie!!!

Wow that is a general question, I will offer you what to do in Nairobi and while on safari:

Nairobi:

Nairobi city tour covers the modern city centre, the colorful city market, Parliament buildings, Kenyatta International Conference Centre; the landmark of Nairobi (KICC), The 7th Memorial Park (Bomb blast, the Railway Station, The

Railway Museum and The National Theatre.

Also included is the Phoenix Theatre, McMillan Memorial Library and the renowned National Museum where there are spell-binding displays of the early man, tribal regalia and flora and fauna of Kenya. A visit to the adjacent snake park is also included. The tour returns to your city hotel or residence.

Check out also: David Sheldrick Elephant Orphanage

The David Sheldrick Wildlife Trust is home to many orphaned elephants and rhino. Here, they are cared for from an early age before being released into the wild once they are ready to take care of themselves

Orphaned elephants are cared for by surrogate human mothers who nurse, play, and live with them 24 hours a day. The orphanage is open 11am-12pm daily, at which time visitors can watch the elephants being fed by their respective caretakers. Visitors can make entrance donations when visiting (amounts of KSH 500+ are appropriate).

For US$ 50 or Kshs 4000 a year, you too can adopt an elephant. This will ensure you a monthly email updating you on the progress your adopted elephant calf. The David Sheldrick Wildlife Trust is also home to a few orphaned Rhinos. It is definitely a must visit the next time you are in Nairobi.

You can choose also to go for a safari, maybe a classic 8 days safari. In an 8 day safari you can experience the urban bustle of Nairobi then spend time in Samburu (known for its unique wildlife/ birdlife i.e. the Beisa Oryx, Reticulated Giraffe, Somali Ostrich, The Gerenuk and The Gevy's Zebra). Then head off to The Ark in the Aberdares for a unique game viewing experience.

After the Aberdares, you will be taken for a great bird watching experience at Lake Nakuru. Of course, the icing on the cake would be Masai Mara, where the abiding savannah stretches to the horizon and wildlife viewing is at its best. This is quintessential Africa, where wildlife roams, legends begin & adventures await

14. Re: Big help for a newbie!!!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 17 March 2014, 04:15