We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Ukunda Airstrip to Be Expanded

South West England...
Destination Expert
for Mombasa, Diani Beach, Kenya
Level Contributor
7,179 posts
25 reviews
Save Topic
Ukunda Airstrip to Be Expanded

allafrica.com/stories/201303261322.html…

PLANS are underway to expand the Ukunda airstrip to accommodate larger planes and more visitors to the Kenyan south coast.

Good news!

shamba25
Level Contributor
245 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Ukunda Airstrip to Be Expanded

Totally agree good news to re tarmac the road which would make the south coast more easily accessible - However do not agree with expanding/extending Ukunda airstrip - airstrip being exactly what it is ((flights from Wilson airport or to Masai Mara twice a day) - Its surrounded by local peoples homes, so where do they go?? can you imagine doing the same thing in the Mara or any other airstrip?? It would change the whole dynamics. -agree the south coast could be more easily accessible but why try & make it a carbon copy of the north coast? Having stayed many times at both resorts, Personally its not just the accessibility I take into account when staying on the south coast, They both have different things to offer & attract different people to each = for a slower pace, less people I choose the south, but also when I crave a faster pace, more people, night life, other things to see & a different way of life , I spend a few days on the north coast, & learn from both & the nice thing is, is doesnt take me days to get there - But thats just my view.

2. Re: Ukunda Airstrip to Be Expanded

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 28 March 2014, 04:17