We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Where to safari?

Lincoln, United...
Level Contributor
5 posts
16 reviews
Save Topic
Where to safari?

Travelled to Kenya for past 2yrs and have done safaris in tsavo east and west and the masai mara. The only elusive animal to these safaris was the rhino. want to arrange another safari this year but unsure where - loved the mara but would like to see the rhino - wondering re lake nakuru but then on other hand dont want to just see the rhino if you get my drift? Anyone got any good suggestions for safari?

Nairobi, Kenya
Level Contributor
1,622 posts
233 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Where to safari?

I can guarantee that you'll see both black and white rhino in Lakipia. You'll also see elephant, cheetahs, bushbuck, and a wide variety of other animals. I was lucky and saw wild dogs twice. You can also visit the chimpanzee sanctuary. I have to say it's a very stunning location as Mount Kenya is in the background.

Lincoln, United...
Level Contributor
5 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: Where to safari?

Going end Nov - beginning Dec. looked at Ol Pejeta and would love to do it but only off putting bit - would have to fly into Nairobi and then unfortunately have to spend ??4hrs travelling to get to OP which in my mind wastes time. Would prefer to fly from Ukunda straight to an area and start safari without extra travelling. If no alternative am considering back to Mara but any good recommendations for rhino / good camps- stayed at Ashnil Mara last year and very good x

Bize-Minervois...
Level Contributor
437 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: Where to safari?

You can fly from Nairobi Wilson airport to Laikipia which, if I remember correctly, takes about 1hr to Nanyuki and then about 20 mins by road to OP. It is well worth a visit. I am glad you enjoyed Ashnil Mara, I am going back this November but I am also having 3 days at Kicheche Mara which is in the north of the park and is an unfenced camp, should be very exciting. Whatever you choose you will have a great experience.

Nairobi, Kenya
Level Contributor
1,622 posts
233 reviews
Save Reply
14. Re: Where to safari?

I stayed at Kicheche Bush Camp twice and loved it. I highly recommend it because it's in a private concession where there isn't the biggest problem of the Masai Mara which is traffic.

15. Re: Where to safari?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 06 April 2013, 14:35
Nairobi, Kenya
Level Contributor
1,622 posts
233 reviews
Save Reply
16. Re: Where to safari?

You should read the rules because your post is illegal. No company is allowed to promote itself on http://www.tripadvisor.com/

Lincoln, United...
Level Contributor
5 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
17. Re: Where to safari?

Thank you all so much for taking time to reply - im still looking and TA is such a fantastic source of info. Since using it we have never had a bad holiday. I was always in the frame of mind that the world is such a big place with so much to see -so much that I would never return to the same place twice, but kenya has enchanted / bewitched me and I cant stop thinking about going back year after year. I love its beauty, its animals and its friendly people -thanks for all the support xx

Nairobi, Kenya
Level Contributor
1,622 posts
233 reviews
Save Reply
18. Re: Where to safari?

I appreciate both your kindness and your love for Kenya. I live in Nairobi at least 10 months of year and I love the warmth, courtesy and sense of humor of the Kenyan people. And Africa's beauty and wildlife are virtually limitless in their appeal.

19. Re: Where to safari?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 09 April 2014, 05:16