We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Advice on migration & Northern Circuit safari mid-Sept

Maryland
Level Contributor
520 posts
37 reviews
Save Topic
Advice on migration & Northern Circuit safari mid-Sept

Hi, DH & I will be in Nairobi Sept 2nd week and plan to take some time off to catch the migration, we also wanted to do the Northern Circuit. Have been given the following itinerary, need your thoughts and suggestions.

Days 1 to 3 - Nairobi/Mara, stay at Mara Sopa/Mara Chui camp

Day 4 & 5 - Mara/Serengeti, stay at Seronera lodge/camp

Day 6 - Serengeti/Ngorongoro, stay at Simba camp

Day 7 - Nogorongoro/Manyara, stay at Manyara wildlife lodge

Day 8 & 9 - Manyara/Tarangire, stay at Tarangire wildlife lodge

Day 10 - Tarangire/Arusha for flight back to Nairobi

The Mara stay seems ok, but would like some feedback about the Mara Chui camp, how is it placed to view the game?

My concerns are about the TZ sector, looks like too much travelling from camp to camp, how could I go about it? Does it make sense to go to TZ too, given the time constraints, the TO says it can be done, but I'm sceptical. Am posting this on the TZ forum too.

Would really appreciate your input, thanks in advance:)

Natural World Kenya Safaris
Nature & Wildlife Tours, Safaris
Roberto Toba Safari Kenya - Day Tours
Boat Tours, Scuba & Snorkeling, 4WD, ATV & Off-Road Tours, Nature & Wildlife Tours, Safaris
Nairobi, Nairobi...
Level Contributor
34 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Advice on migration & Northern Circuit safari mid-Sept

Dear Prish,

It depends on whether you want to see the exact crossing of the Wildebeest at the Mara/sand river? Without misleading you no one has been able to predict the exact dates of the crossing. But with time frame you could spend few days at the northern side of Mara(Serengeti) and if not lucky to see it happen you can have the chance seeing it happen while at the Maasai Mara. Alternatively most clients don't book lodges, neither the safari -they do a follow up for the migration online until when hey are sure of the movement then book. ITS TRICK WHEN YOU START LOOKING FOR THE LODGES TO FIND THEM FULLY BOOKED.....

2. Re: Advice on migration & Northern Circuit safari mid-Sept

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 05 April 2014, 06:15