We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

My kenya itinerary

hong kong
Level Contributor
28 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
My kenya itinerary

Hi,

I am planning my trip to Kenya. As this is my first time to Kenya, I'm not sure about logistic and the attractions. Please give some feedback to my plan and suggest some other better places to visit. We are a group of eight adults and animal lovers.

My plan is as follows:

Day 1 Flight arrive Nairobi at 06:35 then head to Aberdare.

Day 2 Aberdare to Lake Nakuru

Day 3 Lake Nakuru to Lake Bogoria and back to Nakuru

Day 4 Lake Nakuru- Masai Mara

Day 5 Maasai Mara

Day 6 Maasai Mara

Day 7 Maasai Mara to Nairobi, flight departs at 23:35

Also, some tour companies state that they do three time game drive per day. Is it possible?

One more question. is Maji Moto worth to go?

Looking forward for your ideas. Thanks in advance!

nyc
Level Contributor
14,739 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: My kenya itinerary

3 x game drives daily.

If you have own guide/vehicle, they can do as many game drives as they indicate.

If it's 3, the 1st is at about 6am, return for breakfast about 9am; go out again about 10am to 1pm for lunch; finally out at 3:30-pm till dark.

If you are on a flying itinerary, as from Nakuru to the Mara where at Mara you will use guides/vehicles of lodge or camp where staying... some do 2x drives - 6am for 3hrs, 3:30pm till dusk; some do 3x drives.

hong kong
Level Contributor
28 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: My kenya itinerary

Thanks for your reply. Now I understand better how they do it.

Mumbai (Bombay...
Level Contributor
966 posts
112 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: My kenya itinerary

Hi, I would not recommend to start in Abedares if you staying at tree top. As they give lunch at base and take you to tree top at around 3pm. Then all the activities began and you stay up at least till 11 pm. So it may be tough for you after the flight. OR you can add a night in Sweet Waters in the beginning Or do your trip in reverse order.

Edited: 30 April 2013, 04:53
4. Re: My kenya itinerary

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 01 May 2014, 05:17