We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Misleading info on travel web sites

London, England...
Level Contributor
7 posts
7 reviews
Save Topic
Misleading info on travel web sites

We booked a dream holiday to Kenya two weeks ago for departure in dec, we don't normally book do early but site said only 2 rooms left and this was the only tour opetor for this particular hotel. So we booked only a week later the site data never changed 2 rooms and price dropped. This is clearly miss selling!! Have contacted travel company now waiting for response. Has anyone else noticed this?

Devizes, United...
Level Contributor
40,216 posts
340 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Misleading info on travel web sites

I don't usually notice much about Kenya on the Skiathos, Greece forum I'm afraid...;0)

Skiathos, Greece
Destination Expert
for Skiathos
Level Contributor
6,305 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Misleading info on travel web sites

Clearly a case of operator error, hope the TA moderators will relocate this post to the correct forum.

Radcliffe, United...
Destination Expert
for Skiathos
Level Contributor
905 posts
70 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Misleading info on travel web sites

I know what the OP means though, i think it means only 2 rooms left at this price . if you look at the T&Cs i bet they say prices can change up or down.

Massachusetts
Level Contributor
1,923 posts
TripAdvisor Staff  What's this?
Save Reply
4. Re: Misleading info on travel web sites

Hi Daniel,

I noticed that you inadvertently posted your question in the Skiathos, Greece forum, so I have moved the topic on your behalf to the Kenya forums.

Kind regards,

TA_Jane

TripAdvisor Support Team

London, England...
Level Contributor
7 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Misleading info on travel web sites

Agree price can change but one I booked you would expect the site data to change which it never did a nd still indicates 2 rooms at the old price and at new price.

Mombasa, Kenya
Level Contributor
607 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Misleading info on travel web sites

Which site did you use? Was it a particular operator or a booking engine? The trouble is that often hotels have no control over what availability or price is shown or if there is availability at all on booking engines. We have had a problem with a couple of such engines showing no availability when we had free rooms. Unfortunately our attempts to take it up with them yielded nothing, so possibly sales are lost and also clients get frustrated.

In your case it is possible that some bookings expired or, for example, someone canceled their booking and rooms got released. Is your issue the price you paid? Possibly price also reflects the room, often garden view and sea view rooms or rooms in different wings are priced differently. Take it up with the TO or booking engine you booked with, also possibly drop an email to the hotel itself and see if it was a misunderstanding.

Booking now for December is not such a bad thing anyway as December is high season and later in the year indeed you might not have the availability.

Good luck with your mission and whatever happens enjoy Kenya!

Larissa

Tijara Beach Hotel

London, England...
Level Contributor
7 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Misleading info on travel web sites

Hi, thomsons but I can imagine other operates have same problem.

London, England...
Level Contributor
7 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Misleading info on travel web sites

Should add, only THomson's have only uk bookings on this hotel and regarding room type the rooms stated on at time of booking are the same as indicated now, before 2 rooms now 2 rooms I really think they are trying a trick here, agree its good to book early for dec but I don't like being taken for a ride by their clear misleading info.

Arusha, Tanzania
Level Contributor
153 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Misleading info on travel web sites

What is the Hotel? Our company can book into nearly all the properties in Kenya, unless it is a property that is owned by a particular Tour Operator. And then sometimes they don't allow us to book as they try to push people to use them for the entire trip.

London, England...
Level Contributor
7 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Misleading info on travel web sites

Hotel is Amani Tiwi Beach Resort but that's not the issue here and I'm already booked. I'm more concerned about how information is being used on thomsons site to encourage you to book by stating not many rooms.