We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Budget Safari Trip to kenya

Delhi
Level Contributor
4 posts
14 reviews
Save Topic
Budget Safari Trip to kenya

Hi,

I am planning a 12 day trip to Kenya from 01 August onwards with wife and kids, I am totally new to safaris. need some advise and help from the experts and the experienced.

How much stay at Nairobi and Mombasa is adequate for local sightseeing.

Any recommended budget hotel at Nairobi and Mombasa.

The safaris are too costly, can anyone recommend me a 5-7 day budget safari. We are on a real budgetary constraint and are Ok to rough it out a bit ....

Are shared safaris ok or do you need to do a private one for better experience.

Thanks,

Nairobi, Kenya
Destination Expert
for Nairobi, Kenya
Level Contributor
3,913 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Budget Safari Trip to kenya

Hi Anurag - for budget safaris contact SunTrek & Best camping Tours. Private safaris are more costly.

A day each in Nairobi & MBA is adequate. In MBA, head out o Old Town & Fort Jesus.

For a 12 day safari, have a look this recent thread:

tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g294206-i9216-k655…

2. Re: Budget Safari Trip to kenya

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 09 July 2013, 16:35
Lauf an der...
Level Contributor
6 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Budget Safari Trip to kenya

I advise you take the safari first then go down the coast to relax.

Check the KATO list of tour operators then compare the costs

All the best

4. Re: Budget Safari Trip to kenya

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11 July 2014, 05:16