We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Nairobi airport hotels

Kendal
Level Contributor
32 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Nairobi airport hotels

Hi - I'm looking for a good, moderately priced hotel, or B&B to stay near to the airport in Nairobi for just one night on the way from Tanzania to Entebee. We'll have just got off the bus from Arusha so if it was on the bus route and had a pool that would be even better! All suggestions would be gratefully received.

Thanks

UK
Destination Expert
for Malindi, Ukunda, Kenya
Level Contributor
4,724 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Nairobi airport hotels

This is much harder than you'd think it would be – and it comes up all the time. There are *no* hotels near the JK International Airport in Nairobi. The closest, the Panari is overpriced and not recommended (11km away) and the next is a still fairly expensive hotel ($150-plus for a twin room) 12km away - the Ole Sereni. I assume you're flying from JKIA to Entebbe the next day?

I would go into town with the bus and stay at one of the many options around the city, either near where the Arusha buses stop in the CBD or someone en route. You can then get a $20 cab (or a $0.50c bus) back to the airport again the next day.

Richard Trillo

Edited: 09 June 2013, 19:34
2. Re: Nairobi airport hotels

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11 June 2014, 06:15