We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Africasafai.co.uk

wales
Level Contributor
838 posts
37 reviews
28 helpful votes
Africasafai.co.uk

http://www.africasafari.co.uk/

has anyone had any experience or any feedback on this company. I have found a package with thems that suits us but I cant find any feedback here on T/A.

Thanks

Edited: 17 June 2013, 19:53
Windsor, United...
1 post
1. Re: Africasafai.co.uk

Hi we are also looking at this company - it checks out on the Atol registration site but I also cannot find any reviews - can anyone help - thanks Kev and Danni

Widnes, United...
Level Contributor
1 post
3 reviews
1 helpful vote
2. Re: Africasafai.co.uk

I have been doing some research as we also are interested in a holiday with them. Tthey organise the holiday but it is Zara Tours who do the actual tours at least for the one we are looking at (Tanzania). They work in conjunction with them. They are ATOL protected so we are going to go ahead with our booking. Up to now the communication and help from them has been very good, I will keep you posted

wales
Level Contributor
838 posts
37 reviews
28 helpful votes
3. Re: Africasafai.co.uk

Thanks I will have a look see what I can find out about Zara Tours.

england
Level Contributor
46 posts
55 reviews
31 helpful votes
4. Re: Africasafai.co.uk

I would be interested also. We have seen their kairbu safari plus Zanzibar and hakunamatat safari plus Zanzibar both of which tick the boxes. Have had a quote for the former and just waiting for some figures for the latter but I just cannot find anything about them at all. No reviews but as Kevin states the Atol checks out. Any advice?

Ravenshead, United...
Level Contributor
139 posts
31 reviews
40 helpful votes
5. Re: Africasafai.co.uk

I've also received a quote for their Kenya safari plus Zanzibar beach hol. 2500 each in August next year (trail finders quoted 3100).

My only concern is the t and c's which say they reserve the right to increase prices/charge extra for unforeseen price hikes, after the booking has been made? I've email es back for more details.

They say they have been operating for a considerable time but are based in Europe (Norway, Germany etc) and only began trading in UK since June 2013. They linked me to their German site and their are customer reviews on there. They say they have over 15000 happy customers.

Bracknell, United...
Level Contributor
1 post
4 reviews
5 helpful votes
6. Re: Africasafai.co.uk

i would be interested to know if any of you have booked and how have you found this company so far as im thinking of booking with them for next year

Manchester, United...
12 posts
7. Re: Africasafai.co.uk

´Well I was about to start another thread until coming across this one...just came back from the Kenya and zanizbar tour with the family. Overall it was a fabulous holiday. Great accommodation, good weather, wildlife on show was in mass and a great guide to go with it all.

I will say there are some long drives along the way, which some of the kids moaned and groaned about, but other than that is was the perfect holiday for us.

YOu get your ATOL certificate from them once you book the trip.

Ravenshead, United...
Level Contributor
139 posts
31 reviews
40 helpful votes
8. Re: Africasafai.co.uk

So please that somebody has used this company!

We have booked for next August and the service has so far been great. As previously said the ATOL is all in order, plus we paid our deposit on credit card just to be extra sure!!

John, can I ask what travel insurance you took out? I am looking for one that includes the air ambulance service (or else will purchase additionally).

Thanks!

Watford...
Level Contributor
1 post
11 reviews
8 helpful votes
9. Re: Africasafai.co.uk

We've just got back from a trip to Kruger and Zambia booked through Africa Safari.

We tried to book a safari through a large tour operator and the prices we were quoted were frightening and it didn't really meet our needs.

When we found the trip we wanted on Africa Safari, I was hesitant to book the trip because I find any information/reviews on the company and the price seemed too good to be true. We decided to take the gamble.

This trip had to be perfect as it was part of our honeymoon and I'm pleased to say it was more than that. The stay in Kruger was amazing. This part of the trip including transfers was managed by Echo Africa Safaris.

Our guide was Sandro and he went out of his way to ensure our stay was the best it could be.

He was certainly entertaining and there was never a dull moment when he was around. We found his knowledge of the flora and fauna to be exceptional.

By western standards, the hotel wasn't the most luxurious we've ever stayed in but it was clean and the food was pretty good. The views to the park from the hotel were fantastic and there was a constant wildlife (elephants, hippos, crocs, birds) to keep you amused.

My wife now has the bug and we are already looking forward to our next trip.

After the safari drives, we had a short break in Zambia. The hotel was very relaxed and the staff were very attentive. The hotel was only a short walk to Victoria Falls.

If there was a downside to Zambia, it would be the cost. Compared to South Africa, we found Zambia expensive.

Don't be fooled by the 8,500 Kwacha to the Pound that you'll see; it's actually 8.5.

Entry in to Zambia is also payable in USD. Once you are out of the airport you can only use Kwacha.

Newton Abbot...
Level Contributor
9 posts
5 reviews
3 helpful votes
10. Re: Africasafai.co.uk

Hi we have just received a quote from this Africa safaris which looks very good value. The hotel in Zanzibar has excellent reviews so if anyone has any further info on the company especially if you have already had your holiday it would be appreciated. thanks jenny