We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Comparison of Tour Operators

Lamu Island, Kenya
Level Contributor
440 posts
70 reviews
Save Topic
Comparison of Tour Operators

Just found an advert in "Travel Africa" for comparison of tour operators and safari tours. I just had a quick look on it. There are only very few reviews for the companies but I think it's not bad to get a first overview.

safaribookings.com/operators/…rating

UK
Destination Expert
for Malindi, Ukunda, Kenya
Level Contributor
4,724 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Comparison of Tour Operators

With respect - it just seems to be a random alphabetical list, ranging from international operators to unknown agents. And there are only three reviews here. Not much use I'm afraid.

Richard Trilo

The Netherlands
Level Contributor
2 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Comparison of Tour Operators

Hi Richard,

You are correct, at the moment its just an alphabetical list and adds little value in terms of reviews and a method to check the reputation of tour operators. But we (SafariBookings) are working hard on gathering more reviews, so we expect this to change significantly in 6-12 months.

Best,

Wouter Vergeer (founder SafariBookings)

Las Vegas, Nevada
Level Contributor
30 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Comparison of Tour Operators

Actualy i find safaribookings as a very resourceful website that provides a great platform which assists anyone interested in booking a safari, make a conclusive final decision. I would say kudos and keep up the great work.

The Netherlands
Level Contributor
2 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Comparison of Tour Operators

Hi Expedition Kenya Safari,

Thanks for the Kudus, much appreciated!

When I read Richard's post I don't think he says SafariBookings is a bad resource in general, he says the list of Kenya tour operators doesn't add a lot of value besides being an alphabetical list and personally I agree...at this moment in time. As mentioned in my previous post we are working hard on getting more reviews.

Cheers!

London, United...
Level Contributor
15 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Comparison of Tour Operators

Nice, definitely looking for more safari sites

Edited: 29 August 2013, 08:56
6. Re: Comparison of Tour Operators

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 31 August 2014, 07:20