We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Cheapest safari country? Lest crowded safari country?

Staten Island, New...
Level Contributor
12 posts
60 reviews
Save Topic
Cheapest safari country? Lest crowded safari country?

Hello All! I'm trying to center our budget safari in Kenya &/or Tanzania on the idea that they are less crowded and/or cheaper than South Africa. Just what is the cheapest country for safaris? Is it going to be the most crowded place (i.e., Serengeti) or something else. While I'm not looking for super-low hostel or camping, I'm getting the idea that there is no way around $1,000 per day for two people by the time you get through with airfare from NYC ($3,000) and any lodge or good camp site @ $500 per person. Am I wrong? Should I be looking more in Botswana or SA rather than Tanzania & Kenya? Thanks for your ideas!--- Tim in NYC

Natural World Kenya Safaris
Nature & Wildlife Tours, Safaris
Safari Kenya Watamu - Day Tours
Nature & Wildlife Tours, Safaris
Roberto Toba Safari Kenya - Day Tours
Boat Tours, Scuba & Snorkeling, 4WD, ATV & Off-Road Tours, Nature & Wildlife Tours, Safaris
11. Re: Cheapest safari country? Lest crowded safari country?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 29 July 2014, 06:21