We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

hotel coffee....safe?

Eugene, Oregon
Level Contributor
13 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
hotel coffee....safe?

We are here at last.! Staying at Serena hotels and lodges. Is hotel coffee safe to drink?

Mtwapa, Kenya
Destination Expert
for Barcelona, Newcastle upon Tyne, Bamburi, Mtwapa
Level Contributor
15,546 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: hotel coffee....safe?

Of course. It would never occur to me to question the hot drinks at any respectable bar, cafe, restaurant or hotel let alone one of the top rank Serena chain with their award winning reputation

Boston...
Destination Expert
for Walt Disney World, Orlando, Antarctic Adventures
Level Contributor
7,048 posts
161 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: hotel coffee....safe?

I don't drink coffee, but my companions and tour guides enjoyed the tea and coffee at every hotel at almost every meal at the Serena chains. No one got sick on our trip.

Nairobi
Level Contributor
44 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: hotel coffee....safe?

Drinks and beverages in most hotels and lodges are safe. The only precaution is tap water., use mineral bottled water

Nairobi, Kenya
Destination Expert
for Kenya
Level Contributor
3,018 posts
201 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: hotel coffee....safe?

Safe is one question, and palatable is the other. A lot of coffee served in lodges and camps can be quite bitter, as it sits stewing for hours. Many also serve instant coffee.

Nairobi, Kenya
Level Contributor
193 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: hotel coffee....safe?

I do not think you have anything to worry about, the hotel boasts of the best barister in Kenya. Rhoda Wambui, a Barista at Nairobi Serena Hotel scooped the Kenya National Barista Championship for the second year running beating other Baristas from mainstream Nairobi Coffee houses. - See more at: theserenaexperience.com/barista/#sthash.F6bT…

Eugene, Oregon
Level Contributor
13 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: hotel coffee....safe?

Thank you! We have enjoyed coffee and tea in Nairobi and Lake Elementatia today.

I thought it may have been a dumb question, but reading some posts made me 2nd guess!

nyc
Level Contributor
14,660 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: hotel coffee....safe?

Coffee sitting and stewing all day will be horrible anywhere... think Starbucks. Even more so if the coffee machines/pots aren't regularly cleaned... bitter, bitter, bitter. Which is an awful way to spoil some outstanding coffee most anywhere.

Even when it comes to water in NBO city hotels, especially the large ones, with purification systems - have pot=able water, which sign in bathroom should indicate and is thus drinkable. If no sign, the hotel provides bottled water or you can request a few for your own peace of mind.

8. Re: hotel coffee....safe?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 23 November 2014, 05:18