We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Game Tracker Safaris

Australia
Level Contributor
13 posts
29 reviews
Save Topic
Game Tracker Safaris

Hi,

My husband and I are travelling to Kenya in August and wanted to take a camping safari of Kenya and Tanzania. We have found a safari with Gametracker safaris and wanted any feedback on the company if were OK to book with. We don't want to spend too much money or camp for too long as will be the end of a 6 month round the world trip. The tour we are interested in is www.gametrackersafaris.com/?page_id=343

Any feedback on the company and tour would be greatly appreciated.

If not a suitable company, any other recommendations of another company that could provide similar tour.

Thanks

Mentioned in this post
Voluntours Adventures
Multi-day Tours, Safaris, Nature & Wildlife Tours, Private Tours
Serian Safari
Nature & Wildlife Tours, Safaris
UK
Destination Expert
for Malindi, Ukunda, Kenya
Level Contributor
4,790 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Game Tracker Safaris

Gametrackers (not to be confused with the higher end and excellent Gamewatchers) have been around for a very long time and consistently get good reviews and feedback. They're one of the few companies that have kept up regular group trips up to Lake Turkana over the last two decades. I've never travelled with them but have received reports from many who have. The itinerary you mention is about as good value at US$2400 for 10 days as you could expect, bearing in mind you're doing basic DIY camping. My only caveat would be that Lake Nakuru is partly out of action at present with very high lake waters, some roads flooded or impassable and few flamingos.

Richard Trillo

Author: The Rough Guide to Kenya

Kenya Programme Manager: Expert Africa

Australia
Level Contributor
13 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Game Tracker Safaris

Thanks

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
23 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Game Tracker Safaris

Hi Just saw your forum. I have travelled with gametrackers Safaris twice and can highly recommend them. Good value for money company. They have permanent camp sites at Masai Mara and Samburu with good facilities, and as long as sleeping on a thin foam roll is okay with you the rest will be brilliant. The food s excellent and fresh. I did a Masai Mara, Lake Baringo and Bogoria many many years ago with them. A few years ago I did the Lake Turkana10 day trip with them and it was brilliant. I did Samburu, Masai Mara again and Nakuru as well with them and again it was great. I had a great bunch of people too which makes a big difference. At Turkana we had a vehicle break down but a replacement arrangement was made quickly and it caused no problem to our itinerary. They have been around a long time this company and I would recommend them highly. I went on an Amboseli camp safari with another company, only because gametrackers didn't have the numbers interested, and it was terrible by comparison. I have a friend in Kenya who is a safari guide and even he speaks highly of Gametrackers.

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
23 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Game Tracker Safaris

Hi Just saw your forum. I have travelled with gametrackers Safaris twice and can highly recommend them. Good value for money company. They have permanent camp sites at Masai Mara and Samburu with good facilities, and as long as sleeping on a thin foam roll is okay with you the rest will be brilliant. The food s excellent and fresh. I did a Masai Mara, Lake Baringo and Bogoria many many years ago with them. A few years ago I did the Lake Turkana10 day trip with them and it was brilliant. I did Samburu, Masai Mara again and Nakuru as well with them and again it was great. I had a great bunch of people too which makes a big difference. At Turkana we had a vehicle break down but a replacement arrangement was made quickly and it caused no problem to our itinerary. They have been around a long time this company and I would recommend them highly. I went on an Amboseli camp safari with another company, only because gametrackers didn't have the numbers interested, and it was terrible by comparison. I have a friend in Kenya who is a safari guide and even he speaks highly of Gametrackers.

5. Re: Game Tracker Safaris

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 26 February 2014, 04:35
6. Re: Game Tracker Safaris

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 27 February 2015, 06:19