We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Poachers in reserves and parks

Dearborn, Michigan
Level Contributor
1,352 posts
151 reviews
Save Topic
Poachers in reserves and parks

What are the chances I will run into poachers while on Safari? I will be staying at Porini camps. I certainly would not want to witness the results.

I will be traveling in September. Hoping some of the initiatives will start helping. So torn up over what is happening to the wildlife. . Also wondering if there is a fund I can make a contribution to, for the families of fallen rangers...

Nairobi, Kenya
Destination Expert
for Kenya
Level Contributor
3,095 posts
215 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Poachers in reserves and parks

Poachers tend to operate after traditional safari hours, and avoid any contact, so highly unlikley you would run into them. As soon as camps/guides know there has been any poaching, they would avoid that area with their guests, so you would not see any results.

Nairobi, Kenya
Level Contributor
1,890 posts
269 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Poachers in reserves and parks

It's virtually unheard of for tourists to run into poachers. Poachers will do everything possible to avoid tourists.

nyc
Level Contributor
14,855 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Poachers in reserves and parks

Poachers do their deadly deeds most often in the middle of the night and if possible away from civilzation.

4. Re: Poachers in reserves and parks

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 February 2015, 07:19