We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Advice on Safari's

Leeds, United...
Level Contributor
15 posts
9 reviews
Save Topic
Advice on Safari's

Hi everyone

We are off to Kenya in just over a week for the first time (getting giddy now!!) We've been to other places in africa just first timers in Kenya.

We really want to do a Safari and the first thought was Maasai Mara but having looked the Tsvao East also looks awesome.

Can I ask if people have been to these and have any tips or advise on them and which tour operators they used, I know we can book via travel company but if there is a good safe local company I would rather do that. What sort of cost is it for a two nights safari?? What currency is best to pay in??

Thanks in advance

Jayne

1. Re: Advice on Safari's

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guideline limiting each user to a single forums screen name.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 06 May 2014, 15:26
Nairobi, Kenya
Destination Expert
for Nairobi, Kenya
Level Contributor
4,172 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Advice on Safari's

Both Mara & Tsavo are excellent for game viewing.

The only problem with Mara is driving time & conditions of the roads, if you can handle that, Mara is the most popular & highly visited park in Kenya.

For Mara, recommended lodges are Mara Sopa & Keekorok. There are other of plenty of options too to suit your budget.

In Tsavo consider Satao Camp, Epiya Chapeyu Camp & Tsavo Safari Camp.

Cost - we are looking at apprx $600 Per PAX, Per Day on H/B basis onwards for 2N/3D safari that excludes game park fees of $90 Per Person valid for 24 hours.

Leeds
Level Contributor
1,205 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Advice on Safari's

Hey Jayne - fellow Loiner!

We've been twice with Glorious Safaris, the first was visiting Tsavo and the second a 2 week safari with an 8 day stint in the Mara. At this time of year, it may be best to stick closer to the beach and visit Tsavo but this also depends on your budget. Its off-season in the Mara so there could be deals to be had.

GS have plenty of reviews on here and I'd recommend you drop them a line shadrack@glorioussafaris.com to see what is available at short notice. It can work in your favour and there might be large discounts to be had booking to so close - camps want to fill their tents!

tripadvisor.co.uk/…REVIEWS

In terms of paying for your safari, GS have a UK bank account so you can pay safely with a free bank transfer. When over there, I'd recommend paying and tipping in Shillings if you can. Take sterling with you as backup as you should be able to exchange as you go along if you run out of shillings!

Hope this helps as a start.

4. Re: Advice on Safari's

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10 April 2015, 07:16