We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Kenya Safe to Visit - UNEP Director

Nairobi, Kenya
Destination Expert
for Nairobi, Kenya
Level Contributor
4,416 posts
28 reviews
Save Topic
Kenya Safe to Visit - UNEP Director

nation.co.ke/news/…index.html

mombasa
Level Contributor
81 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Kenya Safe to Visit - UNEP Director

Interesting to see no comments where there is good news

Nairobi, Kenya
Destination Expert
for Kenya
Level Contributor
3,041 posts
213 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Kenya Safe to Visit - UNEP Director

While the Director of UN says it is safe to travel to Kenya, I am still worried personally about the coast area. The governor for Lamu was arrested and has been allegedly charged as being a part of the recent coastal attacks. I wonder if this arrest may incite more? I am not saying anything will happen, just wondering if it may?

Ukunda, Coast, Kenya
Level Contributor
998 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Kenya Safe to Visit - UNEP Director

Dr. Steiner is entitled to voice his opinion like the rest of us. However, he is a VIP with good personal security. And as his organization is based in Nairobi and depends for its smooth running on a good working relationship with the Kenyan government, he could hardly afford to say something rancorous.

Ukunda, Coast, Kenya
Level Contributor
998 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Kenya Safe to Visit - UNEP Director

Kenya is reported to be refusing entry to 1,000 British soldiers until the UK lifts its travel advisories here.

standardmedia.co.ke/article/…

The soldiers are supposed to attend training in the Nanyuki area. Their activities usually include a climb of Mt. Kenya.

mombasa
Level Contributor
81 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Kenya Safe to Visit - UNEP Director

The issue with Britain military has now been sorted out.

Nairobi, Kenya
Level Contributor
1,714 posts
245 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Kenya Safe to Visit - UNEP Director

I also heard that they were in Kenya to provide training for the KWS something which is badly needed considering the current levels of poaching which are much worse than the government will admit. This has been suspended as well.

Queensland...
Level Contributor
2,065 posts
73 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Kenya Safe to Visit - UNEP Director

I wonder if Dr Steiner has met Mandy Rice-Davies?

8. Re: Kenya Safe to Visit - UNEP Director

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 07 July 2015, 05:17