We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

What is the best way to get avoid mosquitos?

Shenzhen, China
6 posts
Save Topic
What is the best way to get avoid mosquitos?

2 weeks later i'll go travel in Kenya with friends. A big problem is disturbing me all the time that how can i avoid mosquitos efficiently inside a room.

Killing mosquitos by mosquito swatter is not a good way because i'll be waked up at midnight so i'll be tired on the whole journey.

Mosquito-repellent incense. This one is seen everywhere. But almostly it won't work. Once i went back to hometown and fire it up, still suffered at night.

I saw some people brings Mosquito-killer LED Light everywhere.

tinydeal.com/220v-1w-4-led-night-light-with-…

http://www.amazon.com/INADAYS-InaTrap-Electronic-Insect-Elegant/dp/B0085OHCEK/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1404379830&sr=8-1&keywords=mosquito+night+led

But i don't know if it hurts people by ultraviolet rays.

Guys would you give me some suggestions?

CASSINO
Level Contributor
2 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: What is the best way to get avoid mosquitos?

The 4711 Cologne is good, as is Avon oil, in the blue bottle I think. Also Garnier body tonic in the yellow bottle.

CASSINO
Level Contributor
2 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: What is the best way to get avoid mosquitos?

4711 cologne is good, as is Avon body oil spray, in the blue bottle I think. I find Garnier body tonic in the yellow plastic bottle works for me. They all contain citronella I believe - worth a try!

Vadodara, India
Level Contributor
80 posts
221 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: What is the best way to get avoid mosquitos?

Came back from Kenya last week and stayed at Amboseli, Lake Nakuru and Maasai. There were no mosquitoes (none whatsoever) except at Lake Nakuru as there is a lot of flooding and stagnant water at the lake.

Except that there was no mosquito menace! it is a big myth (specially for us as everybody had made us scared of them)!

nyc
Level Contributor
15,090 posts
Save Reply
14. Re: What is the best way to get avoid mosquitos?

While most visitors return noting that mossies were of little/no issue, still doesn't mean there are none. Mossie fly and depending on at what altitude you are located you might encounter them or them you! So at least be prepared, but no need to necessarily drive yourself crazy about these.

Have Doom available to spray room/tent before going out to dinner, in closets, under beds, in the; have repellent for exposed skin (not on face or behind neck) when outdoors during hours dusk/dawn ... then go have a good time.

15. Re: What is the best way to get avoid mosquitos?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12 August 2015, 07:16