We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Voyager foreign exchange

km2
West Yorkshire
Level Contributor
24 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
Voyager foreign exchange

Hi,

I was wondering if anyone can tell me if there is a currency exchange facility avaialble at Voyager Hotel at Nyali beach. We haved booked our Safari with MICS & they have asked us to pay the 60% that is remaining in cash when we are picked up. As you can understand we don't want to take the cash with us & so would like to take sterling travellers cheques with us & change them at the hotel. Is this possible??

Thanks

London, England
Level Contributor
3,042 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Voyager foreign exchange

They have a 24 hour cashier/exchange counter. Its to the left of the main reception near the terrapin pond. You can also swap big notesfor smaller, say 100's for tipping.

Hythe, United...
Destination Expert
for Kenya
Level Contributor
2,380 posts
118 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Voyager foreign exchange

Email them back and tell them you would prefer to pay with travellers cheques I cant see them having a problem with that and it saves you having to carry vast amounts of cash. I’ve found that most safari operators don’t care what currency or how you pay for your safari just so long as they get the money. On one occasion I paid with a mixture of US dollars, sterling travellers cheques and Kenyan shillings with no problems at all.

km2
West Yorkshire
Level Contributor
24 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Voyager foreign exchange

Thanks Bruce, good idea, much appreciated i've emailed MICS back & I'll let you know what they say!

km2
West Yorkshire
Level Contributor
24 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Voyager foreign exchange

Thanks for the advice Bruce. MICS have said they'll happily except sterling travellers cheques!

5. Re: Voyager foreign exchange

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 18 August 2009, 15:20