We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Tips for my honeymoon!

london
Level Contributor
330 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Tips for my honeymoon!

We've booked 2 weeks in Kenya through Cosmos for our Honeymoon in January. We're doing a 7 night safari, then 7 nights at the Voyager resort.

I was just wondering if you had any tips on what we can do to make it extra special as this will also be our first holiday in 3 years!!! Any excursions, must sees or anything would be appreciated?

Can anyone also give me an idea of the weather in Jan? Will I need something warm for the evenings?

Thanks!

Mombasa
Destination Expert
for Mombasa, Tsavo National Park East
Level Contributor
1,275 posts
100 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Tips for my honeymoon!

Hi,

if you touch the Masai Mara on your safari add the Balloon Safari with a chamanger Breakfast.

I do not know which lodges you will be staying but some lodges do offer nice Busch Breakfast or Dinner, try to arrange some instead to have dinner in the Restaurants only (of course they will charge for it

but honey moon is only onetime)

While in Voyager Beach take a Day trip to the Wasini Island Charlies Claves. Make sure you take the orginal trip it is the best.

the price at the moment is US 100 per person it is worth it. If you are a diver take your certificate and take a dive in Shimoni Marine park extra cost is us 35 for a single dive and US 60 for a double dive

January is the warm seson in Kenya so you will not need to warm cloth. But while on Safari you are traveling upcountry expect it to be fresch in the morning (While on morning game drive) a fleece will warm you up and in the evening long trouthers will be a good help.

karibu kenya

Mombasa
Destination Expert
for Mombasa, Tsavo National Park East
Level Contributor
1,275 posts
100 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Tips for my honeymoon!

Hi,

if you touch the Masai Mara on your safari add the Balloon Safari with a chamanger Breakfast.

I do not know which lodges you will be staying but some lodges do offer nice Busch Breakfast or Dinner, try to arrange some instead to have dinner in the Restaurants only (of course they will charge for it

but honey moon is only onetime)

While in Voyager Beach take a Day trip to the Wasini Island Charlies Claves. Make sure you take the orginal trip it is the best.

the price at the moment is US 100 per person it is worth it. If you are a diver take your certificate and take a dive in Shimoni Marine park extra cost is us 35 for a single dive and US 60 for a double dive

January is the warm seson in Kenya so you will not need to warm cloth. But while on Safari you are traveling upcountry expect it to be fresch in the morning (While on morning game drive) a fleece will warm you up and in the evening long trouthers will be a good help.

karibu kenya

somerset, england
Level Contributor
267 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Tips for my honeymoon!

Hi

I don't have any tips for you I'm afraid, but just wondered when in Jan you are going, as we are about to book a very similar trip through Cosmos going on 15th Jan for the Great Rift Valley safari & then a week at the Voyager. Did you book with Cosmos and did they give you a good price?

Have a great honeymoon!

Nikki

plymouth england
Destination Expert
for Kenya
Level Contributor
5,876 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Tips for my honeymoon!

Hi,

You could go to Wasini Island , look up www.pillipipa.com

Its a very romantic place ,tiring,but beautiful.....about £150 for two that includes everything and if you wear glasses they provide prescription lens.....

Another wonderful place is the Sable treehouse I think it was with

wwwGholidays.co.uk . you get complete privacy, a butler who after dinner runs the jaccuzi for you ......then dissapears. (shame)

it cost about £90 but that includes transport,food,drinks etc absolutly lovely....I think there is only 6 houses..not to sure ..

you must take a trip to Mombasa ..... a photograph of yourselves with the tusks are a must.... dont take too much notice of the shabby tusks they come out great in a photo......... a trip to the Old Port is Magic.....

a scene staight out of the bible with all the old dhows.....love it ...love it.......... Fort Jesus ,,,better by night....... there a few ideas to get on with..

regards ed

Carmel, California
Level Contributor
3,532 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Tips for my honeymoon!

Where does your safari go?

Hong Kong
10 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Tips for my honeymoon!

Balloon Safari at Mara is superb, the champaign breakfast is even better since you will see zebras and impalas grazing not far from you. But make sure you book in advance.

plymouth england
Destination Expert
for Kenya
Level Contributor
5,876 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Tips for my honeymoon!

hi cnorris,

While your in mombasa , would you like to pay a visit to a small orphanage in Mtwapa ?

You not only get to make a few children happy by your visit ,but you also get to se some of the real side of Kenyans every day life style . i would be happy to give you a bit more information on this and other charity homes/schools/ at........ednaelliott@btinternet.com

kind regards ed

Augsburg, Germany
Level Contributor
1,696 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Tips for my honeymoon!

Hi,

i can recommand you the trip "Mombasa by night".

There you are on a dhow surrounding Mombasa while having a sundowner.

After this, you walk from the old port through a part of the old town to the Fort.

After a short sound- and lightshow telling the story of the Fort and Mombasa, you have a candle-light dinner inside the Fort. Very romantic and excellent food.

Bye

Chrissy

london
Level Contributor
330 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Tips for my honeymoon!

Hi,

Thanks for all those tips - some great ideas that we will definately look into.

We're also doing the 'Great Rift Valley' safari (Safarinewcomer - looks like we'll be there the week after you!) - going through Samburu, Masai Mara, Abadare & Lake Nakuru.

Then onto the Voyager Resort in Nyali Beach. Can anyone tell me if its worth a visit to the Crocodile Sanctuary - my fiance is crocodile mad?! Is the snorkelling very good in this area?

We are keen to visit a school or orphanage when we visit. We would like to bring something out for the children, but can anyone tell us what is a nice treat - sweets, pens, anything else?

London, United...
Level Contributor
443 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Tips for my honeymoon!

We did this very same safari this time last year (12 - 27 Sept 05). If you have not already seen them here are some pictures:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/55866253@N00/

We went to the Crocodile and Snake Park in Diani as it was a 10 min walk from our hotel - not sure how far this will be for you though as I think Voyager is a North Coast hotel and this is South - unless there is another one closer to you. We enjoyed it - it was very interactive with the oppurtunity to handle baby crocs and other reptiles including harmless snakes.

Definately do the Philli Pippa Dhow Dolphin Safari with lunch on Wasini island, you should be able to book this through your Cosmos rep at the hotel. Alternatively, if you want to book direct their website is http://pillipipa.com/index.html.

Would highly recommend you book the balloon safari through Keekerok and have you tried to request a suite at Treetops?

Make sure that your hotel knows you are a honeymoon couple - they will treat you!!!