We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

"Kenya One Tours" .. do not use this tour operator

cheltenham
13 posts
Save Topic
"Kenya One Tours" .. do not use this tour operator

Please be very wary if you are considering using this Kenyan tour operator as we did for our wedding, holiday and safaris last year. A matter of weeks before us and our 30 wedding guests were due to fly out we found out they had lost our hotel booking, lost our wedding location and could not get us any other bookings in Diani Beach resort. They did not offer us a refund and to date we are still owed over $19,000 !!!

We took up the case with the Kenyan Association of Tour Operators (KATO) who Kenya One Tours are a member of, and they have awarded a decision in our favour that we should be refunded our money. Kenya One Tours have had their membership from KATO permanently suspended, and still have ignored all communications from us and KATO to this very date... and have kept our money.

I would strongly advise that you consider this information very carefully if you are thinking of booking through them. As well as the hotel and wedding booking problems they also got our flight dates incorrect!

Eventually, and after a very emotional month or so for me and especially my fiance, we had to re-book and pay for all the accomodation through and English tour operator (who got us in at the exact hotel we originally wanted!!). We are still very out of pocket and are now appointing a Kenyan based lawyer to act on our behalf in building a case against them.

If anyone would like copies of the emails from KATO with their Committee decision as proof please let me know and I will send it through to you.

On a brighter note, we had teh best holiday / wedding ever imagined at the Southern Palms hotel and then safari'd in Masai Mara, Amboseli and Tsavo (the Mara is the place to be). Loved Kenya and the people and will return soon!

Russell

Kenya Walking Survivors Safaries
Sightseeing Tours, Nature & Wildlife Tours, City Tours, Safaris
Maicku Day Tours
Sightseeing Tours
Carmel, California
Level Contributor
4,474 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: "Kenya One Tours" .. do not use this tour operator

I'm sorry to hear of your experience and glad you were able to rebook with another operator on short notice.

When I search the KATO website, Kenya One Tours is still listed as a member www.katokenya.org/member.asp…

If their membership has been revoked, you may want to ask KATO to remove their listing so that others don't think they're a member in good standing.

Good luck with your refund!

2. Re: "Kenya One Tours" .. do not use this tour operator

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 27 August 2009, 22:18