We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Accommadation in Nairobi

wicklow
6 posts
Save Topic
Accommadation in Nairobi

Hi

I'm travelling to nairobi in January and looking for somewhere to stay. Can anyone recommend a good hostel thats handy for seeing the sights?

Thanks

H

Lamu Island, Kenya
Level Contributor
492 posts
77 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Accommadation in Nairobi

Try Wildebeest or Millimani Backpackers. Both they are close to City Center

Sydney
Level Contributor
250 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Accommadation in Nairobi

Hi H

I have stayed at the Fairview twice and can recommend. As for getting around you can hire a driver from the hotel to get around. The traffic can been hellish at times.

Regards

Nairobi, Kenya
Level Contributor
3,755 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Accommadation in Nairobi

The Fairview is not a hostel, it's a hotel.

wicklow
6 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Accommadation in Nairobi

Thanks everyone for your help! :)

Darwin, Australia
Level Contributor
367 posts
107 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Accommadation in Nairobi

jambo h

just thought of another hostel which is safe and well positioned called the 'flora hostel' .it is run by nuns so has a clean standard but nothing too frilly.. ill pm you the details for your further info.

all the best

sw

London,Kenya and...
Level Contributor
58 posts
167 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Accommadation in Nairobi

Hi, you can also stay at Kenya Comfort hotel.Very central ,brilliant atmosphere and loads of travelers.Easy access to cabs outside the hostel and a decent bar.

Byron.

Kenya
6 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Accommadation in Nairobi

You can stay at Jupiter Guest House, good value for money, relatively safe and in the heart of Westlands. Close to town, pubs and restaurants .

Newcastle upon...
Level Contributor
1,441 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Accommadation in Nairobi

hi

whats your budget hal?

I use Grace house resort in Nairobi myself. it is very safe, good location and does a nice buffet breakfast. It is 3300ks per night. pm me if you want ore info. It is right next door to Yaya centre and just 5-10mins to city centre.

Mentioned in this post
Yaya Centre
Yaya Centre
197 Reviews
Nairobi, Kenya
Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
103 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Accommadation in Nairobi

I stayed at the Meridian Court hotel.... I can't remember the exact rate but i was/am on a limitd budget and it was quite comfortable and affordable. Plus its pretty much right in the city centre for exploring and such.

Not the best advice but maybe will give you somewhere else to look

10. Re: Accommadation in Nairobi

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 25 May 2010, 05:27