We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Flights to Nairobi

Which Nairobi hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Columbus, Ohio
Level Contributor
8 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Flights to Nairobi

My husband and I are going on Safari in Kenya 9/17-9/27/2010.

When is the best time to by tickets? Right now the best price I can find is $1240 round trip from Cincinnati Ohio to Nairobi.

Thanks,

AH

Colchester, United...
Level Contributor
1,392 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Flights to Nairobi

There was a similar thread to yours yesterday, you'll find some info here

tripadvisor.co.uk/ShowTopic-g294209-i9217-k3…

Columbus, Ohio
Level Contributor
8 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Flights to Nairobi

Thank you for the link. We are spending 2 nights at Amboseli Porini camp, 2 nights at the Porini Rhino camp and 3 nights at the Porini Lion camp. I am just worried if I wait to long the price of a flight will go up. On the other hand if I buy now the price might drop. I say wait the hubby says buy now. I guess it really doesn't matter as long as we get there...

AH

nyc
Level Contributor
14,418 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Flights to Nairobi

$1,240 from Cinn is cetainly within reason, in fact, a good price. Curious... How is this routed? Which airlines, thru what European hub?

FYI - Often that's price from JFK which can vary from $1050-$1350.

Columbus, Ohio
Level Contributor
8 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Flights to Nairobi

It is on KLM (Delta) from Cincinnati to Atlanta, then KLM to Amsterdam and on to Nairobi. I need to correct myself the price is 1292.00. I think I'll go ahead on buy at this price.

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
603 posts
149 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Flights to Nairobi

Its a tough decision but if you book now you will get the excact dates you want. When the Airlines bring out cheaper flights later on it is sometimes just to fill up spare seats on certain dates. It may not be on the dates you want or you can get seats on the way out and can't on the way back so you end up paying for a more expensive fare.

We just booked and paid for a cheaper airfare for September 2010 that finished this week and had trouble getting seats with some our dates. The airline may bring out cheaper seats in March next year but I guarantee we won't be able to get the dates we want.

Good luck with your decision.

nyc
Level Contributor
14,418 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Flights to Nairobi

Even at $1292, it's a good fare. Book it and get your exact dates.

Sept is still peak travel season from the States to Europe and it's definitely peak season in Kenya.

Believe me, even "if" (a big "if") fares reduced, it won't be but a few $'s, not worth it.

7. Re: Flights to Nairobi

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 01 June 2010, 05:33