We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Is it safe to leave luggage in a safari lounge at airport?

West Sussex
Level Contributor
35 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Is it safe to leave luggage in a safari lounge at airport?

Does anyone know how safe this is.... ?

I am travelling with TravelOne and am flying into Nairobi and then going on a safari with Somak Holidays.. and then after fly to Mombassa for an 8 day stay in a hotel.... so I have to leave my suitcase in the Somak Safari lounge at the airport... does anyone know if this is secure?

Thank you very much

Hythe, United...
Destination Expert
for Kenya
Level Contributor
2,376 posts
118 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Is it safe to leave luggage in a safari lounge at airport?

The safari lounge is located in their main building in Nairobi which is about 15 minutes from the airport depending on traffic. I have left cases there before and with no problems.

Buckingham, United...
Level Contributor
464 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Is it safe to leave luggage in a safari lounge at airport?

Very safe they lock them up in a double locked room no need to worry they will look after you.

Buckingham, United...
Level Contributor
464 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Is it safe to leave luggage in a safari lounge at airport?

Hope you like travelling as there is alot involved between the lodges and you will find your self doing more travelling between lodges as there are not alot of main roads and the speed is limited. It will be worth while though when you get to your destinations but be warned about the amount of travelling.

West Sussex
Level Contributor
35 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Is it safe to leave luggage in a safari lounge at airport?

Thank you all for your replies!!

Staffordshire
Level Contributor
795 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Is it safe to leave luggage in a safari lounge at airport?

Somak have lock - up store at their HQ where you can leave your luggage till you return from safari.Have had no problem leaving excess suitcases with them

Edited: 19 January 2010, 15:03
West Sussex
Level Contributor
35 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Is it safe to leave luggage in a safari lounge at airport?

Great

thank you!!

7. Re: Is it safe to leave luggage in a safari lounge at airport?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 19 July 2010, 07:16