We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Recommended Car Driver and approx costs

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
603 posts
166 reviews
Save Topic
Recommended Car Driver and approx costs

We are staying in Karen and wondered if anyone could recommend a driver for the day and approx costs for around Karen. We wanted a driver for the day to take us to visit Girrafe Centre, Sheldricks, Karen Shopping Centre, Horseman for Lunch and Karen Blixen Museum.

Also cost Karen to Carnivore Restaurant return in the evening.

Appreciate your help.

Thanks

1. Re: Recommended Car Driver and approx costs

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 31 May 2010, 09:05
Nairobi, Kenya
Level Contributor
3,755 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Recommended Car Driver and approx costs

Hi Holidaytime,

I have the numbers of two very reliable and very reasonable drivers I can give you but cannot post their details here as it contravenes forum guidelines re the posting of personal details. If you would like their numbers please drop me a PM.

Regarding costs, from Karen to Carnivore should cost you no more than 1500/- or 1600/- return (it's 800/- one-way to Wilson airport, which is right next door). For a day-rate for the places you list I would estimate that you will pay around 3500/- to 4000/-. The Horseman was closed over two years ago; for lunch I would suggest that you try Que Pasa, which is right next door to Karen Crossroads (the shopping centre), has delicious and varied dishes, wood oven-fired pizza and extremely reasonable prices. Very popular with the locals (myself included!). There is also Tamambo at Karen Blixen Coffee Garden but I have found the service there to be glacially slow, the food quality rather poor and the prices high (particularly just for lunch).

HTH,

FL410

Edited: 31 May 2010, 08:54
Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
603 posts
166 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Recommended Car Driver and approx costs

Thank you very much for the information. Its always great to know costs before going so we don't get over charged.

Cheers

Bungoma, Kenya
Destination Expert
for Kenya
Level Contributor
2,798 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Recommended Car Driver and approx costs

Jimcab is very reliable. They have a website.

They have a fleet of cars and I know they do hiring by the day. I used them when I flew down from Western Kenya for a Hospital appointment at Kikuyu. However, the cost at that time was 5000/- for the day and was fixed for a maximum of 100 km. The driver was very helpful indeed.

Queanbeyan...
Level Contributor
32 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Recommended Car Driver and approx costs

Hi - as mentioned in a previous post, I used Westline Travel (Francis) who is very knowledgeable, trustworthy and speaks English well. His number is 0724 988 866. Nellion cabs are also reliable - 0734 354 738.

6. Re: Recommended Car Driver and approx costs

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 01 December 2010, 05:17