We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Kenyan Re-Entry Visas

Surrey,England
Level Contributor
192 posts
18 reviews
Save Topic
Kenyan Re-Entry Visas

I am going to Kenya for approximately 8 days then to tanzania for 9 days and then back to Kenya.

What type of visa do I need. Is it possible to get a rentry visa as this is still within the East africa area? Or do I have to get a multi-entry visa and what is the present cost> Or do I have to get two seperate Kenya visas each time I enter?

Thnk you

UK
Destination Expert
for Malindi, Ukunda, Kenya
Level Contributor
4,779 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Kenyan Re-Entry Visas

Surprisingly, perhaps, your ordinary single-entry Kenya tourist visa will be fine for this trip. There's an agreement that one exit and return to Tanzania and/or Uganda is allowed on the same stay.

You can download the form from the Kenya High Commission website. No need for a photo if you get your visa on arrival in Kenya.

Have a good trip.

Richard

nyc
Level Contributor
15,035 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Kenyan Re-Entry Visas

The current USD$25 (price to increase to USD$50 as 1st Jan '11) for Single entry Kenyan Visa will allow you to go into Tanzania and return to Kenya.

You will require a Visa for Tanzania at USD$50, along with Yellow Fever inoculation and proof of same for entry to Tanzania and then on return to Kenya.

Both can be purchased at airports or land crossing borders.

Forms for both country's Visas are on their official websites, which download, complete beforehand (no photos required) and present at Immigration (the queue specific for Visa purchase), along with passport and appropriate funds. All very easy................. Safari njema!

Raleigh, North...
Level Contributor
116 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Kenyan Re-Entry Visas

Great advice - we were wondering about Kenya re-entry as well. Did anyone else notice that Tanzania is now charging $100 US per person?

Isle of Man, United...
Level Contributor
38,491 posts
402 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Kenyan Re-Entry Visas

$100 for US passports. OP is from UK.

Durham, North...
Level Contributor
714 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Kenyan Re-Entry Visas

We landed at Nairobi, in early September, 2010, changed planes, and flew to South Africa.

Later we went to Kenya for ten days of Safaris

We were told (by the Washington D.C USA Kenyan Embassy) that we had to have a multi-entry Visa. We got the multi-entry Kenya Visa (in advance) and it was stamped TWICE. We are Americans, so these rules may not apply to you (or could have changed).

Please let me know (respond to this thread) if your experience differs from ours.

Have a great trip.

Mtwapa, Kenya
Destination Expert
for Barcelona, Newcastle upon Tyne, Bamburi, Mtwapa
Level Contributor
16,025 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Kenyan Re-Entry Visas

SafariInfo,

The re-entry on the single trip visa only applies within the East African Community (Kenya, Tanzania, Uganda and Rwanda)

Durham, North...
Level Contributor
714 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Kenyan Re-Entry Visas

Thank you

nyc
Level Contributor
15,035 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Kenyan Re-Entry Visas

The fee for US (and I believe Irish) passport holders has been USD$100/person now about 3/years.

SafariInfo -

if just landing Nairobi changing planes onto JNB, there was no need for Kenya Visa. Only on your return for 10/days Kenya safari required the Visa and didn't have to be multi-entry!

I enter Kenya on regular single-entry Visa yearly, spend a few days, head off to Tanzania and back to Kenya and sometimes back to Tanzania and back to Kenya... still same Visa and stamped each time I enter/depart. Visa appears to be good for a number of entries during the term of Visa which, I believe, is either 3 or 6/mo. The Tanzania Visa at USD$100 for US (and other who pay this high premium) is actually good for 1/yr with apparently no limit on number of entries during that term.

Durham, North...
Level Contributor
714 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Kenyan Re-Entry Visas

Thank you

Raleigh, North...
Level Contributor
116 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Kenyan Re-Entry Visas

Followup from Feb 2011 trip from the US: Paid the multiple entry visa of $50 in NBO when we landed, we did not have to pay to exit nor re-enter Kenya. Entry to Tanzania was $100.

Thanks all.

Get answers to your questions about Nairobi
Recent Conversations