We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Sleep n Shower at Nairobi Jomo Kenyatta Airport?

Which Nairobi hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Seattle, WA
4 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Sleep n Shower at Nairobi Jomo Kenyatta Airport?

I have seen older posts about a Sleep N Shower IN the airport...does it still exist? How do I check/make reservations/find it? Any idea how much it costs per hour/night, and has anyone been there RECENTLY? We are coming in to Nairobi late in the evening and fly out again early the next morning, so we really don't want to pay for an expensive hotel room far away! Thanks in advance for any help or advice.

Haifa, Israel
Level Contributor
754 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Sleep n Shower at Nairobi Jomo Kenyatta Airport?

According to the Airport FAQ there is a shower available:

kenyaairports.co.ke/kaa/…faqs.html

According to the airport facility list there is no hotel at the airport:

kenyaairports.co.ke/kaa/…services_all.html

Fort Lauderdale...
Level Contributor
343 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Sleep n Shower at Nairobi Jomo Kenyatta Airport?

"According to the airport facility list there is no hotel at the airport:

kenyaairports.co.ke/kaa/…services_all.html"

Do you have any knowledge other than looking at the website. There are many many posts about this sleep and shower, so it probably IS there. The sleep n shower is not really a hotel. If you don't know one way or the other, why even answer at all just basing it on a website?

Haifa, Israel
Level Contributor
754 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Sleep n Shower at Nairobi Jomo Kenyatta Airport?

Because the information there should be reliable - it's an official site.

if you know elsewhere than share with us so we can all know..

you can also see that his question was remained unanswered for 30 days so I figured it's better give him this info rather than nothing - I didn't have any reason not to trust an official site.. so as I said if you know elsewhere share your knowledge with us :)

cheers.

Fort Lauderdale...
Level Contributor
343 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Sleep n Shower at Nairobi Jomo Kenyatta Airport?

I know that it at least was there (and likely still is), and I even read about it in some "official" guide books. I guess you're not to familiar with the saying "This is Africa" if you are shocked that an official website doesn't have all the information.

I believe it's best to leave a question unaswered than provide incorrect information.

www.sleepinginairports.net/list.asp…

tripadvisor.in/ShowTopic-g294207-i9695-k1132…

It's too bad the format on the website is so crappy. It looks like it would answer your question and is somewhat recent (2010)

kenya-advisor.com/how-to-reserve-sleep-n-sho…

5. Re: Sleep n Shower at Nairobi Jomo Kenyatta Airport?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 08 June 2011, 21:05
Mtwapa, Kenya
Destination Expert
for Barcelona, Newcastle upon Tyne, Bamburi, Mtwapa
Level Contributor
15,268 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Sleep n Shower at Nairobi Jomo Kenyatta Airport?

Mosee,

Please read the posting Guidelines especially the section on Businesses and their representatives.

You can use your business name as your screen name and you can you can declare your business but you cannot posts links to your commercial website

Nairobi, Kenya
Level Contributor
12 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Sleep n Shower at Nairobi Jomo Kenyatta Airport?

If you have a Diners Club card, you can sleep for FREE at the first class lounge sofas (if its not busy) .. but who will watch your luggage? There's no working shower facility at theJKIA - to my knowledge.

Alternative would be to get in on transit visa and sleep/shower at a hotel on mombasa road (airport road). Cheapest and most flexible I have seen on airport road is Ahadora Guest House - but there is also Panari Hotel (5star) and Ole Sereni (also 5 star).

UK
Destination Expert
for Malindi, Ukunda, Kenya
Level Contributor
4,718 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Sleep n Shower at Nairobi Jomo Kenyatta Airport?

Too late for the OP I think, but for possibly useful for others: when I passed through JKIA at the beginning of this month I checked out the Sleep & Shower, a facility called Lala Salama ("Sleep Well" in Swahili) at the far end of the airport which is indeed closed. They're currently "upgrading" it, I was told, though that could mean anything. The number I was given for further enquiries is 020/827439.

Good luck with getting some comfortable rest. . .

Richard

London, United...
Level Contributor
11 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Sleep n Shower at Nairobi Jomo Kenyatta Airport?

Can anyone please update this post further?

We are going to be transitting in JKIA at the end of January 2011, arriving around 22:00 and departing at 09:00 the following morning, so will we be able to make use of the 'sleep n shower' facility or not?

If not, can anyone else suggest where we can safely sit with our luggage on arrival? We are arriving with BA and flying onward with Kenya Airways, so is there a BA arrival lounge or KA departure lounge open throughout the night?

Also, do we need to purchase a visa if we are only in transit?

Thanks, David

Edited: 07 December 2010, 17:16
UK
Destination Expert
for Malindi, Ukunda, Kenya
Level Contributor
4,718 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Sleep n Shower at Nairobi Jomo Kenyatta Airport?

I think it's a bit unlikely the Sleep & Shower will be open, but I would just give them a call (+254 (0)20 827439). There are one or two lounges you can pay for though I haven't used them. I'm sure other TA peeps will fill you in.

Richard