We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hotel

Which Nairobi hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
england
Level Contributor
42 posts
63 reviews
Save Topic
Hotel

Hi

I'm planning to stay in Nairobi for 2 nights in June. Would like a hotel near to the airport that people can recommend. Also need to have transprt from Airport to hotel. Any suggestions?

S

1. Re: Hotel

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guidelines with regards to the participation of business representatives.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 27 June 2011, 11:32
Weybridge
Level Contributor
1,001 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Hotel

Hi, you could book with Gamewatchers - http://www.porini.com/ - they can book the hotel and the airport transfer for you as one 'package', I believe.

I would agree with Ole Sereni - I visited there in March, and was very impressed with the rooms.

Tracey, Owner / Director, Travel Butlers

nairobi
4 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Hotel

Ole sereni or Panari Hotels are near the airport

Darwin, Australia
Level Contributor
367 posts
100 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Hotel

jambo!

as you can see form the recommendations there are not many hotels near the airport - only 2 really worth mentioning (the panari and ole sereni).

both hotels can organise your airport transfers ; being all close to the airport you can also get taxi's at the airport for a little less but might be all of a hassel to negotiate etc .for you.

if you can deal with the hotel direct - you can save a little as you miss out the 'middle man' but at the same time the country depends on that business so it all depends on your budget...mind you both hotels are not cheap..

all the best

sw

Bungoma, Kenya
Destination Expert
for Kenya
Level Contributor
2,798 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Hotel

It also depends on your budget! Both Ole Sereni and Panari are on the high side. Another I have seen recommended somewhere on this forum is Redcourt (Red Cross Hotel).

If these are outside your budget, you may need to go a bit further from JKIA.

Nairobi, Kenya
Level Contributor
86 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Hotel

The above mentioned hotels are very near to the airport and the road is very good ,so you can be sure the transfer will be swift.

Nairobi
Level Contributor
74 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Hotel

Several notions I have seen lately that the 'middleman'/tour operator will give you higher rates than the hotel. Not really. Tour operators normally have special contract rates with the hotel/property which they normally sell at a small commission. Ends up having the rate equal or less than what the accommodation facility itself is offering.

There are many other nice little places near the airport. For example, nice, quiet but not in the star categories of Ole Sereni and Panari, there is the new Fahari Gardens towards the East (i.e along the newly constructed eastern bypass). Depends whether you have interest to come to the city.

enfield&ugunja
Level Contributor
391 posts
1 review
Save Reply
8. Re: Hotel

1 example given the new fahari-how much?. a small commision means it costs more unless it comes out of the hotel rate.

Nairobi
Level Contributor
74 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Hotel

Mrandmrssaxonluo,

At Fahari, Single US$ 100 and Double US$ 120. Contract rates mean discounted rates so company can chose to match accommodation provider or even go lower.

10. Re: Hotel

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 06 October 2011, 22:35