We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

I made a drastic mistake

Which Nairobi hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
G G
Seattle, Washington
Level Contributor
485 posts
Save Topic
I made a drastic mistake

I just realized that my arrival date to NBO is one day later than what I had planned. Consequently, I have to make a tough decision, either go straight to the airport check in and get some rest for a couple of hours and leave to the safari @ 8:30 AM, ooof exhausting.

I already called the airline and of course there's a fee + readjusting the airfare which I can't afford it.

Or

Cutting my trip to Zanzibar by one day, making a total of 2 1/2 days. Here is my itinarary

10-1 LV US

10-3

Arr 1:20 AM NBO

10-4

Lv Safari Day 1

10-5

Safari Day 2

10-6

Safari Day 3

10-7 Safari Day 4

Return to NBO arrv late afternoon

10-8

Lv to Arusha by shuttle

10-9

Lv Safari day 1 Tarangire

10-11

Safari day 2

10-12

Safari day 3

10-13

Safari day 4

10-14

Safari day 5

10-15

Lv Fly to ZNZ

10-16

ZNZ

10-17

ZNZ

10-18

Lv ZNZ fly to DAR connect to International flgiht 17:05 confirmed

I am not sure if I could go on to Arusha on 10-8 and how safe would that be

nyc
Level Contributor
14,599 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: I made a drastic mistake

In Tanzania, spending 5/days at Tarangire?

On 10/8, with the shuttle from NBO to Arusha, you arrive about 1pm. Go to your hotel and be ready for safari next morning. You're making a big deal out of nothing and what travelers do daily between these two cities.

At ZNZ, most who extend do so for only 3/nts, so it's actually only 2.5/days.

G G
Seattle, Washington
Level Contributor
485 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: I made a drastic mistake

No you don't understand if I leave on 10-8 to Arusha then leave I won't be back to Arusha til the afternoon of 10-14, then leave the next day 10-15 that will only give me 2.5 days in ZNZ since I got to be on the return flight back to the US on 10-18

LA
Level Contributor
55 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: I made a drastic mistake

to quote one of the actors from the movie Harry Potter ... "you've really GOT to adjust your priorities".

A DRASTIC mistake in Nairobi is when you had a couple of beers in a hotel in the city, then you climbed in your car at night, attempted to drive down Uhuru Highway, got lost, and some guy from the ghetto stuck a CZ pistol in your face. It happens. And if it does happen - don't argue with him. Just give him you money :-) Hahahahaha !!

In your case ... 2-1/2 days in Zanzibar doesn't sound so bad.

ENJOY!!!

Edited: 20 June 2012, 02:33
Boston...
Level Contributor
203 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: I made a drastic mistake

I agree with Simba M. It's a bit of a bummer but I would just shave a day off Zanzabar. Hakuna matata as the song goes...

5. Re: I made a drastic mistake

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 22 June 2013, 18:15