We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

What is the best place to stay one night in Niarobi?

Which Nairobi hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Level Contributor
36 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
What is the best place to stay one night in Niarobi?

Hi,

I want to go from Kampala, Uganda to Nairobi, Kenya by bus. I want to start from Kampala in the afternoon. What will be the cheaper yet comfortable bus to go to Nairobi? When the bus leaves from Kampala & arrive at Nairobi and what is the bus fare? Also where the buses from Kampala stop at Nairobi?

I want to stay one night in Nairobi and catch a flight next day at noon from Nairobi international airport. Which area i should stay- near bus station or near airport or anywhere else? How should i travel from the bus stand to hotel and from hotel to airport?

Any suggestion about a budget yet comfortable hotel to stay one night?

Mentionable that i am traveling alone.

Thanks.

Fahim

London, United...
Level Contributor
1,449 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: What is the best place to stay one night in Niarobi?

Hotel Kipepeo.

www.hotelkipepeo.com/index.php…

Nairobi, Kenya
2 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: What is the best place to stay one night in Niarobi?

There is Eagles Nest Guesthouse which is located less than 30 minutes away from the airport. It is quite newky built and clean. And its price was reasonable too!

www.eaglesnestguesthouse.co.ke

Atlanta, Georgia
Level Contributor
5 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: What is the best place to stay one night in Niarobi?

Do try to stay by the airport. Traveling alone - you do not want to stay by the bus station. The Boma has two nice options located within the Kenyan Red Cross grounds... Quiet neighborhood near the airport.

Nairobi, Kenya
Destination Expert
for Nairobi, Kenya
Level Contributor
3,949 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: What is the best place to stay one night in Niarobi?

Modern Coast & Easy Coach are excellent buses to travel with.

As for accommodation, there's heaps of budget B&Bs in town but i don't recommend staying in any of them for security reasons.

Try Comfort Hotel or Boulevard in town. Boulevard is slightly more expensive. both walking distance from each other.

Taxi as means of transport.

5. Re: What is the best place to stay one night in Niarobi?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guideline limiting each user to a single forums screen name.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 07 August 2014, 12:52
Edited: 07 August 2014, 12:52
6. Re: What is the best place to stay one night in Niarobi?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guideline limiting each user to a single forums screen name.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 07 August 2014, 12:52
Bungoma, Kenya
Destination Expert
for Kenya
Level Contributor
2,798 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: What is the best place to stay one night in Niarobi?

You say you want to start from Kampala in the afternoon. Please note that currently night travel by PSV in Kenya is not permitted. You may therefore need to stay in Bungoma (if you cross at Malaba) or Kisumu (if you cross at Busia) - the bus has to arrive there by 6pm, so you need to leave early afternoon. However, if your flight is at noon, you need to check in in Nairobi at 9 am, so you may need to re-think your timing.

Edited: 20 January 2014, 08:00
Level Contributor
36 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: What is the best place to stay one night in Niarobi?

Hi Asifiwe,

Thanks for your reply. I heard that there is bus which leaves Kampala for Nairobi at late night (12:00 A.M) and also there is bus which leaves from Kampala at early morning (6:00 A.M). Can you pl confirm?

Bungoma, Kenya
Destination Expert
for Kenya
Level Contributor
2,798 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: What is the best place to stay one night in Niarobi?

Fahim - it is probably easier for you to find out on the Internet than for me to do anything from rural Kenya. We have constant power outages and it is extremely expensive to phone Uganda from Kenya.

I am happy to help with simple requests, but this one is beyond me. Have you tried posting on the Uganda Forum?

Level Contributor
36 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: What is the best place to stay one night in Niarobi?

Thanks for your reply. Yes i tried in Uganda forum.