We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Luggage storage with Safarilink at Wilson Airport

Liverpool, United...
Level Contributor
4 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
Luggage storage with Safarilink at Wilson Airport

Hi - has anyone left excess baggage at Wilson Airport, using the Safarilink complimentary storage? If so what was your experience of this?

Thank you!

Nairobi, Kenya
Destination Expert
for Kenya
Level Contributor
3,072 posts
215 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Luggage storage with Safarilink at Wilson Airport

I have not left luggage with Safarilink, but have seen other passengers doing so. They seem not to have had an issue, and it has always been secure.

You can email them on marketing@flysafarilink.com and ask them how the procedure works.

Liverpool, United...
Level Contributor
4 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Luggage storage with Safarilink at Wilson Airport

Thanks Roadwarriorafrica - that's very helpful. I will send them an email.

scotland
Level Contributor
2 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Luggage storage with Safarilink at Wilson Airport

Hi MaryL,

Can I ask if you ever left your luggage at Wilson Airport?

I am doing Kilimanjaro before our safari in October and am concerned that I won't meet the 15kg limit as I will have walking gear to carry as well.

Im hoping to wear the boots, jacket etc to take the weight down, but if we could leave sleeping bags etc at the airport for a reasonable price, it may make things a bit easier!

Thanks

nyc
Level Contributor
14,779 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Luggage storage with Safarilink at Wilson Airport

Where will you be doing safari? TNZ or KEN?

If in TNZ, you can leave excess luggage with the lodge/guest house where staying on arrival before the climb; or with the tour outfitter who is conducting the climb.

IIf the safari will be done in Kenya after climb and assume you are arriving NBO, you can leave excess luggage with the outfitter conducting your safari.

Nairobi, Kenya
Level Contributor
38 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Luggage storage with Safarilink at Wilson Airport

Safarlink is very safe. I have secured luggage several times for my clients. Did they give you any document to show proof of your luggage? If you need help, please feel free. My brother inlaw works there.

scotland
Level Contributor
2 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Luggage storage with Safarilink at Wilson Airport

Thanks for the replies.

We are going to Kenya for our safari, so will be going via Nairobi.

Hoping to keep below the 15kg limit, but good to know that we have the option of storing items if needed.

Maidstone Kent
Level Contributor
216 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Luggage storage with Safarilink at Wilson Airport

We were below 15kg but could not take both cases as they said they were too large so we sorted our stuff into 2 holdalls that were for our safari and took 1 case and 2 small holdalls. Hopefully the empty case is still there but seemed very efficient and the staff very helpful.

8. Re: Luggage storage with Safarilink at Wilson Airport

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 22 September 2015, 06:16