We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Anyone know about Sardius Tours and Safaris

Long Islander
Level Contributor
162 posts
32 reviews
Save Topic
Anyone know about Sardius Tours and Safaris

This operator seems to offer the excellent tours at a reasonable price. They are listed as Africa Tourist Assoc members and Licensed by the Kenya Tourist Board, but they do not show up on the membership lists. They are listed on the Eco Tourism Society of Kenya. Do these mean anything? Can anyone provide info on them?.

Africa
1 post
Save Reply
1. Re: Anyone know about Sardius Tours and Safaris

We have had a wonderful 18 days Kenya & Tanzania Wildlife Safari and would recommend whoever planning a memorable African Safari to go ahead but has to be cautious with the roads leading to Masai Mara and the Ngorongoro Crater .These roads are neither comfortable.This operator seems to have the best expertise in arranging the programmes and the guides are knowledgeble and friendly- you feel there is that personal touch out there with these guys.Definately would return again and choose Sardius Tours as my ultimate operator in both Kenya or Tanzania.

Long Islander
Level Contributor
162 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Anyone know about Sardius Tours and Safaris

Thanks Joantutham.

I feel more assured by your comments and will go with Sardius. All of his personal refererences give rave reviews, he is also listed on ASTA. Your public comments on tripadvisor give anyone who has any negatives a chance to reply . . . and i see none of that. My main concern was landing in Nairobi and having no safari com there. But with the info I've seen, from you and the other info I have gathered, my wife now told me that she changed her mind and will go also, despite her initial concerns. I will book the safari next week. Thanks again.

PA
Level Contributor
6 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Anyone know about Sardius Tours and Safaris

Hi Adventurer2007, have you been to the safari with Sardius yet. I am looking to go on the trip in December 2007 and looking for a feedback. Will appreciate your posting.

Mechta77

Long Islander
Level Contributor
162 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Anyone know about Sardius Tours and Safaris

I am leaving with Sardius in a week and a half and will be back on October 8th. So far everything is going extremely well and have been communication via email with Felix. "BEACHBUM01" on this forum returned from a Sardius Safari in mid July and had a fantastic trip. Check out her trip report. From my experience, Sardius provides you with a private safari (not a packed vehicle), is flexible with your plans and has been easy to work with. Of course I will give a thourough trip report when I get back.

Whether you choose Sardius or another operator recommended on TripAdviser, compare itineraries, prices reputations, especially from those with similar safari desiresas yours, since they may vary greatly from person to person. One more thing. if you take trip insurance, you should enroll within ten days of your safari deposit to get enhanced benefits at no additional costs.

Let me know if I can help further. I hope you are as excited about your upcoming safari as we are about ours.

PA
Level Contributor
6 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Anyone know about Sardius Tours and Safaris

Thank you for the response. If you will find a moment upon returning back home, please, post a feedback about your tour. Wishing you a pleasant time and great wildlife sighting in Kenya.

mumbai
11 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Anyone know about Sardius Tours and Safaris

SARDIUS TOURS AND TRAVELS MR FELIX NDUNDA CON OPERATOR

Mr. Felix ndunda owner of sardius tours and travels is not a reliable tour operator. He ensured that our Kenya and Tanzania safari was a most stressful and harrowing 12 days.

On landing at Nairobi airport we were met by Mr. Felix Ndunda

And we promptly handed over the balance 70% payment.

30% advance had been wire transferred to Sardius Tours and Travels bank account as listed below 3 months earlier.

Account name: sardius tours and safaris

Account no. 0212008541400

Bank: co-operative bank of Kenya ltd

Branch: university way

P.O Box 60800 - 00200 Nairobi

Tel no.+254 [20] 225 400,+ 254 [20] 225 411

Swift code: kcookena

Country-Kenya

City-Nairobi

Address of Sardius Tours and Travels is listed below

Summit house,5th floor suite 513

moi avenue/monrovia lane

P.O. Box 9251 (00100) GPO,

Nairobi, Kenya.

Tel;+ 254 20 251547

+254 20 201 50 94

Fax: + 254 20 251548

Cell: + 254 733 546 901

info@sardiustours.com

sardiustours@wananchi.com

www.sardiustours.com

On receipt of 70% balance payment we were handed over a receipt for the full payment and a detailed itenary. Only confirmation vouchers for amboseli,the ark and nakuru were handed over to us with the assurance that the rest of the confirmation vouchers would be handed over to us at the Tanzania border.

At the Tanzania border we were received by Mr. Gladstone J Urassa director of tour company Roots of Africa Expedition (I) Ltd . The safari vehicle for the Tanzania leg of the journey was a wreck. Dust from the road came into the vehicle, the 4wd had no transmitter and the driver’s door used to open on its own.

We reached Sopa Ngorongoro at 7.00 pm and imagine our shock on finding that they had no reservation in our name Mr. Orassa refused to accept calls and Mr. Felix tried to pass on the blame to Mr. Orassa (his Tanzanian partner).

With the help of sopa ngorongoro’s manager we were accommodated in a single room after making payment in cash.

The next day after repeated follow-up with Mr. Felix and with help from the sopa resort manager Mr. Felix visited sopa’s office in Nairobi and made payment for 2 nights stay in sopa ngorongoro and 1 nights stay in sopa Serengeti.

On reaching Sopa Serengeti after a 8 hour journey we were informed that Sopa Serengeti does not hold reservations in our name for that day’s stay.Mr Felix informed us that 1 nights stay has been arranged at lobo lodge more than 4 hrs journey from sopa Serengeti. The driver refused to drive all the way until he was paid 200 dollars which we paid.

On reaching the lobo lodge at 7.00 pm we were informed that there is no reservation. Finally at 8.00 pm we were checked in. we had left from ngorongoro at 6.30 am that day and been traveling in a vehicle which was constantly rattling and full of dust for more than 12 hrs.

Next day we were checked into Sopa Ngorongoro where again we could not relax as all our time was spent in following up with Mr. Felix Ndunda for the confirmation vouchers for Mara Sarova tented lodge at Masai Mara. In the end the general manager of Sopa Serengeti had to personally call up Mr. Felix Ndunda and request him to email the voucher which Mr. Felix finally did.

The driver refunded the 200 dollars paid to him the day before.

The same story continued in Masai Mara, where the manager of

Mara Sarova Tented Lodge made repeated calls to Mr. Felix Ndunda for the confirmation vouchers for Mt Kenya Safari Club. Late in the evening Mr Felix sms’ed the confirmation No with the promise that the voucher would be faxed at Nakuru the next day, which he did at 6.30pm next evening .

The reason for sharing the above with all travellers to Kenya and Tanzania is that please do not put yourselves at the mercy of unscrupulous tour operator’s as you are literally in a jungle out there with no option but to rely on your driver and tour operator.

Please rely only on a KATO(Kenya authorized tour operator)

E.g. southern comforts, catalyst tours and travels etc. in Tanzania leopard tours and travels are well known.

Wish you all a happy and safe holiday.

Regards, Trisha M.

Morrison
4 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Anyone know about Sardius Tours and Safaris

It's now two weeks and am back home in Canada.I left the U S for Kenya having finalised my trip plans with Sardius Tours[local tour operator in Kenya].Though,there were some political mood being noticed on the faces of many Kenyans,at first, we were [me and my wife] very afraid but having communicated with the staff at Sardius Tours,we got the assurance that normacy was slowly returning.

Our trip was for almost 12 days and we visited many fascinating places with beautiful hills and savanahs.I must admit Tsavo West was the most beautiful when i remember the stories of the Man Eaters Lions of Tsavo during the railway construction a century ago.Actually, our guide[Benard] showed us the ground where the infamous lions used to hide and now there stands an Hotel.

We visited Amboseli,Samburu,Lake Nakuru and Masai Mara.My wife was in love with the birds of Lake Nakuru.From a distance,we couldn't distinguish the lake since it was all pink thanks to our knowlegeable guide informing us the flamingoes were over a million in number.White rhino was also there just resting after probably an heavy meal.

In Mara,we coudnt believe our eyes when we saw two female lions killing a Zebra.The exercise took almost twenty five minutes for the overpowered Zebra

to kiss the soil goodbye.

Food and accomodation in all the Hotels visited was great and once again i must congratulate Sardius for choosing fantastic and comfortable Hotels for us while on Safari and in Nairobi.

We never had any complaints throughout our Safari and we say Thanks to Sardius and all the other staff we met.All of them were generous and kind with the word Ahsante and Kwa Heri ya Kuonana.We will automatically come back to Kenya again and contact this operator.

Thanks

Junglelady.

Califonia
2 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Anyone know about Sardius Tours and Safaris

I had always been having a dream to Visit Africa particularly Tanzania or Kenya .My aim was to see the the wildlife in their natural habitats.I had no one in my mind to arrange the trip for me and my three friends but after spending time searching online , i came across Sardius Tours who operates Safaris both Kenya and Tanzania.After dropping them my request, i was given multiple programmes to choose from ,finally i ended up with 8 days in Tanzania.

This was in January 2008 and on arrival in Nairobi in the early morning,we were met by Sardius Tours reps and transfered by private transfer all the way to Arusha via Namanga border where after having our lunch, we headed straight to Lake Manyara Park and our first animal to see was a Giraffe, not knowing that from a distance where our guide [Hannis] had stopped, a lion pretending to be sleeping but looking keenly at a group antelopes probably thinking which was the best attacking position.From Lake Manyara, we headed to serengeti where we were able to see large herds of animals in their thousands and our guide informed us the animals had migrated from Masai Mara to Serengeti.Wildebeest, Zebras Gazeles,and others moving freely in this beautiful park.We had our overnights at Serengeti wildlife lodge and the food was great.

After Serengeti, we headed to Ngorongoro crater and i must say this is where beauty lies.

We descented down to the crater and lots of animals amazingly the rhino,elephant,buffalo, lions, hyenas were there.We witnessed two hyenas fighting over a meal left behind by a lion with two two cabs. We spent our nights at Ngorongoro Wildlife lodge .This lodge is positioned strategically such that you can view the crater and see the animals through powerful pair of binoculars.Besides the animals, we saw quite a number of birds in the crater and Hippos at the Ngorongoro picnic site where fresh water flows.

Before we left the crater, we passed by the near Masai village or Manyatta and had time with the villagers explaing their culture to us,though this was after we paid $ 20 each of us and the chief[head of the village] took us around.Interestingly, the Masai's leave within the concervations area and grazes their cattle in the crater mixing with wild animals.

Our 8 days safari ended without knowing and We finally travelled the same route by road to Jomo Kenyatta Airport where we boarded our flight to South Korea. I have now planned the Kenyan part for 7 days to see the Masai Mara migration still with this operator in August this year. I was fully satisfied especially by the speed my emails were replied.The services we got were super and couldn't lower their high marks any moment.Hannis[our guide] was very impressive and knowlegeable and could listen to us any time we drew his attention.I promise to post my experience in Kenya in this forum after the trip in August.All my special thanks goes to Sardius Tours for organising such a wonderful trip.

Regards,

Zinjarhinov

Arenas de San...
Level Contributor
743 posts
61 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Anyone know about Sardius Tours and Safaris

All,

We went on a 10 day safari of Kenya and Tanzania organised by Sarduis, and I am happy to report that everything went smoothly. The cars were good, there were qualified cooks who would cook to our requirements, the guide in Kenya was great, though the one in Tanzania did not speak good English.

Tips for persons going to Kenya and Tanzania safaris

a) Make sure you confirm the itinerary and state all your requirements when you meet your operator in person BEFORE paying the money. Will clear misunderstandings and everyone will be happier.

b) Ask SPECIFIC close ended questions about distances, times, costs etc, and you will know better what to expect.

c) During the Safari, if you are not happy with anything, gently, but firmly communicate your expectations to your guide and also safari operator

d) No matter what, EXPECT delays due to traffic and bad roads, especially in Kenya

e) Confirm with the tour operator what stuff he will be providing free/renting and what you are expected to bring along. One of the guys I spoke to said he expected us to carry our own mosquito nets!

and finally, my personal list of MUST-CARRY items:

torch, candles, sunscreen, insect repellent, binoculars, munchies/snacks, toilet paper and a box of tissues, something that will keep you busy when traveling on the road (book, games, puzzles), lots of clothes(dusty and sweaty there), head gear.

Somerset
Level Contributor
2 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Anyone know about Sardius Tours and Safaris

We have just returned from almost three weeks in Kenya and Tanzania arranged for us by Sardius Tours.

I am pleased to report that everything worked exactly as scheduled and the arrangements by Sardius were excellent. The prices were very reasonable and, although the vehicles were not brand new, we had nothing to complain about - we have experienced gravel roads in the past! The choice of lodges and hotels was excellent.

We would recommend Sardius as a good operator, keen to satisfy its customers.

David Froome